Author Topic: About the Audio software package, Plural Eyes 3  (Read 2940 times)

Maidenscombe

• View Profile
    • Email
About the Audio software package, Plural Eyes 3
« on: November 03, 2012, 01:20:58 am »
I've just seen the feature about the audio software Plural Eyes 3 at Rodemic.com does anyone have any working knowledge of it?

mysticjim

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: About the Audio software package, Plural Eyes 3
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2012, 05:58:15 pm »
Hi Dude,

Not used it, but it is an intriguing proposition.  Presumably it syncs the audio for the user by some clever analysis of the waveforms or something, its such a simple concept, but pretty useful I guess, especially if you're recording a lot of simultaneous audio on different mics. 

I'd bet its good, Red Giant have a knack of producing very functional innovative software at a reasonable price. 

I guess, providing it works, that what it saves you is time - the time of manually syncing up the audio, and if you work in any kind of a professional capacity then time is money, so...

Maidenscombe

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2012, 10:56:09 pm »
The stated cost is $199 here (Australia). I don't know what it will cost over there in England.

Felek

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • PZP Site
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2012, 06:59:06 pm »
Ive used a trial version of PluralEyes before, can't quite remember what it was for - possibly it was for a stage show TGE filmed earlier in the year (as a favour for a member's mum) with 2 cameras + mixer sound.

From what I remember it worked well, as expected. I have also tried to use it to sync distorted/peaking audio with a properly mixed track, that failed miserably.

It won't work miracles but is ideal for multicam shoots, providing the audio on each source is controlled and decent enough for it to work with. Equally, if you're only syncing 1 clip with 1 sound source (or similar), its probably easier & cheaper to sync manually.

Felek Werpachowski
Jimmy Jib Operator
& Indie Cinematographer

Rich

• Puts the boom in your boomstick
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • The Great Escape
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2012, 02:47:57 pm »
As Felek points out, it's great for its primary selling point - syncing up multi-camera footage. For syncing up video with bad audio, it completely failed (although in its defence, the original audio was quite noisy and heavily distorted, and if I vaguely recall that we were using an earlier incarnation before Red Giant bought it).

What were you intending to use it for?

anything