Author Topic: ...  (Read 3462 times)

TheDarklingScribe

• View Profile
    • Email
« on: November 07, 2012, 12:52:11 pm »
After deliberating a topic title, I decided to forgo the formality...hehe.

But hello! Holly here.

I discovered this site through Facebook...somehow...and adore some of the writing I've seen displayed here. And the clientele seem rather interesting ^_^

Anyway, I'm probably not as established as many on here. I've just started university studying Digital Media Production - an absolute impulse decision but not one I regret thus far. Only time will tell if I've made the correct choice...the Job Centre opposite my accommodation does glare rather ominously.

I also write, a little. Or rather scribble. And creating extremely depressing and/or bizarre fan videos to long dead Xena: Warrior Princess does keep me entertained. I do have a ghost documentary thing going too, of which I am rather optimistic about.

So...that's me in a nutshell.  ::)

Scarecrow

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: ...
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2012, 03:44:31 pm »

Hi Holly!

I agree, there's a great range of writing in the fiction section especially, and Chrissey has done a wonderful job bringing people together for that.  What are you aiming to get out of University can I ask, what area does your interests lie in? Don't worry so much about job centre now, enjoy your time and new skills that you'll learn - people can be judgemental of media course but just ignore them, as they often have no idea what they're on about!

Ghost documentary sounds fun, and FMVs are always good stuff!

Welcome to The Great Escape!

- Scarecrow

Maidenscombe

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2012, 10:57:46 pm »
Many greets from the land down under,
what aspect of digital media production is the course about?
How long is the course for?

I have written several scripts that can best be described as 'for fun only'. Should one get produced though they'll be described as seriously important prospects for my future.
I written a couple of books and they make good levelling devices for my fridge. Both of them.
Quite a lot of my scripts have some form of supernatural mentioned, a couple are factual.
If you ever want assistance, ideas or just someone to chat with, rant to, if I can be of help I will.

Chrissey_TGE

• Head of ficticious content
  • Administrator
  • The Eternal Optimist Rises
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2012, 12:09:55 am »
Hi Holly,

Welcome to the forum! Things are still a little quiet around here, but we're all sure it will pick up eventually.

Do you have a blog, Facebook page or Twitter account you'd like to share? We've just started a new thread for that - http://www.thegreatesc.com/forum/index.php/topic,806.0.html

Good luck with the course and your writing. If you ever have anything you'd like us to consider for the site, just email us via - http://thegreatesc.com/contact