Author Topic: Anyone have a blog?  (Read 7690 times)

Maidenscombe

• View Profile
    • Email
Anyone have a blog?
« on: September 17, 2013, 04:41:46 am »
I've just had a book published (POD) and I am looking for places to to let people know about it. It is an epic poem in the genre of fiction.
It is available 18th September. And it does have a nice picture on the front cover, of the river Avon. I took the photograph which is 30 yards from my front door.

Rich

• Puts the boom in your boomstick
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • The Great Escape
Re: Anyone have a blog?
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2013, 01:03:27 am »
I don't, no, but if you message me the details (i.e.: synopsis, cover, link where you can buy it) we'll happily put it on our Facebook page and blog (after all, you're a contributor to the site!)

Maidenscombe

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2013, 03:27:12 am »
Thanks for that Rich, I am great at all things that are computer technology related, my you, after the computer is turned on that is when my brain looks at the problem and exits quickly leaving the rest of me to look at the screen, or should I use the term, 'stare blankly'?
However, I shall endeavour. My next two submissioned stories, both epic poems might be easier. And the one I'm doing at present, you never know I might know what I am doing by then.

Just a thought here, with the Anthology books you do, if you set up a branch of thegreatesc to do books would you be a traditional publisher?

Rich

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • The Great Escape
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2013, 10:58:43 pm »
Thanks for that Rich, I am great at all things that are computer technology related, my you, after the computer is turned on that is when my brain looks at the problem and exits quickly leaving the rest of me to look at the screen, or should I use the term, 'stare blankly'?
However, I shall endeavour.

Sorry, I'll try and be clearer: do you have a web link to where people can buy your book - so I can include it in the blog post to go on The Great Escape's news feed? Also do you have a synopsis of the epic poem?

Just a thought here, with the Anthology books you do, if you set up a branch of thegreatesc to do books would you be a traditional publisher?

At the moment, we are focusing on publications directly related to The Great Escape - mostly content picked for the site, short stories, novellas, etc. We're still finding our feet as to marketing and selling the books we have already published, so I think we wouldn't be publishing anything not already on the 'development list' for the next 12 months.

Maidenscombe

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2013, 01:36:57 am »
That's what I thought you meant, the book is listed at most online books stores. I'd suggest people look at the shipping costs of the various places first. At Amazon.com it is $14:00 but at Amazon.co.uk it is $23:00 and at Bookworld.com it is $28:00
They have as really good marketing system, get me to do as much as I can. But I asked them for a list of where the book is listed all I got was try the online book stores.
At those sites it is put in obscure places, considering what I wrote is an epic poem it is listed in general fiction. The easiest way to find it is by doing a search of the books title, AKA MOONDYNE JOE.

Short synopsis to follow.

Maidenscombe

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2013, 06:26:32 am »
Rich,
I've been having a few small problems with the books publisher, so I've had the books release date postponed. I'll let you know when all's well again.
thanks.

Rich

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • The Great Escape
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2013, 01:33:15 pm »
Okay. Let us know when it's available again.