Author Topic: Of Kal-na, Ka-im and Vixana  (Read 3889 times)

Maidenscombe

• View Profile
    • Email
Of Kal-na, Ka-im and Vixana
« on: June 26, 2014, 05:07:58 am »
Here is my latest attempt to write something of worth, it isn't finished yet and needs a good edit, but it is getting there. I might even see where it can be improved by posting it here. 

OF KAL-NA, KA-IM AND VIXANA   

CREATION part 1                                                                 

Of the time that was the beginning, when all that was life on earth were the volcanoes. Masses of massive molten rocks were spewed from the depths of the earth. They became the lava flows that covered where the continents and oceans now rest.
     When God had first looked all he saw was a glowing red ball he felt no inspiration; the world was simply here. After many thousands of years had passed the lava flows had begun to cool. Then thousands of years became time of the past and the tectonic plates had shifted; they moved the vast continental shelves upward until they became as walls.
     With the red lava flows now cooled the red planet now took on the appearance of a seemingly endless black rock. More thousands of millennia’s passed before that unending black rock had broken apart to become massive boulders. Then the boulders fell apart and became rocks that appeared a few centuries before becoming stones that would and day become the dust or soil. From that was born the first moisture that was borne into pools created by gathering winds. The moisture gathered into pools that rose as evaporation into the fluffy white clouds that blew so easily across the sky. As more moisture evaporated he white clouds grew in size then those clouds grew darker and the  dark clouds banded together to become a storm. The water laden mountains didn’t just drop rain. The specks of moisture that were brought together formed threatening little pellets of rain, that were thrown to earth; caste down, hard.
     Those pellets of rain gathered in ponds of repeated pools of water. Those that joined then flowed down the hills into the depths of the valley’s to become rivers that collected and flowed into gully’s. They joined from the ends of those ponds to form lakes that flowed into the larger bodies of water. Then once again they soon evaporated and became the moisture in the fluffy white clouds that gained weight to become the dark clouds that enabled water to be dropped back to the earth as rain.
     Dust grains from the lava flow’s remains were pushed along in the streams creating an edge in the oceans and seas. Where the sunlight blanched the brown grains that collected on the edges of the oceans; the beaches formed. They kept back the swollen mounds of fertile ground. Lands that had gathered to be the continents; fertile grounds that burst forth with life.
     Then with Gods delight did he foresee what beauty those empty soils could be and create; they grew green. God saw the beauty of that colour and thought it would look good, better than the red and black. But too much of anything is too much, so God created the grass in many shades of green. Vast fields of lands bore trees. But with only green and brown God soon saw the land needed variety so he had it bear flowers in a vast multitude of colours.
     But still, as God looked to the earth he saw something was missing, he thought what could be and saw his creation lacked life. So he made some to be on and above the land and he called those new ones his animals and birds. He created fish to live in the seas and all the waters of the oceans they flourished between the lands. He even created some to control those that lived in the waters. That was Gods first mistake for while he created those fish to control he could, unknowingly see some land and he had created one to control all that was there. All was well in God’s eyes he was pleased with his creation.
     With the passing of the years some of the animals and birds needed more land to find their prey so they began to roam across others territory, that caused the fighting to start between each other and with each other. 
     So God created an army, these he called his Angels. He wanted them to keep those animals and birds apart. It stopped many being killed and it stopped even more being eaten by each other. But the leader of the Angels found that he enjoyed having control over them. And he had liked it when they were killed, then he started to kill them himself. God really disliked that and sent him down to watch the dead he had made. He was also to watch over all the dead that would go his way. That Angel would become known by several names though to many he was known as the Devil.
     Though the Devil enjoyed having control of the dead he soon began to get bored; as there was so many of them it began to be a boring routine. To relieve that boredom he created himself a son who was to help him control the ever increasing number of the dead. But the son became like him and after a decade or four his son became so bored. There were so many more, though rather than create another to help him control the son created an army of the dead. As the years passed the army continued to grow in number. Unknown to the son of the Devil God had created yet more to help the Angels.
     The Son captured a few of them and he forced the rest of them to do his bidding. It was then that God created new mammals to control the birds and all the animals that were. And of those new ones God called them his children, Mankind.
     As the son caused those he had blackmailed to attack God’s new creation they became infected and bore the same qualities of those who attacked them. The son killed those who he caused to attack and kept all the ones they created. They treated the son with great respect and did what he wanted and they did whatever he wanted willingly. The son had then attack the birds and animals.
     The Son’s army grew fast and strong, of those he called them his Legion; more and more of Gods children had been turned by his Legion and soon God himself noticed. And the Son liked what they did, drinking the blood of God’s creation then contaminating those of God’s children and they would become part of his Legion. Of God’s other creations the animals and birds, the Sons Legion took many of them and oh what fun they had. So many variations were made and so many made of each of them that the Son soon had to form many more new Legions.
     God hated him for what he had done, God himself said of the Sons creations.
     “From now on I shall know them the damned.”
But the Son soon changed that name, it wasn’t that he disliked the name but he hated that God had chosen the name, so he called them his demons. Knowing it would upset God even more he called the kind he had taken from God his Vampires.
     The Devil had heard of the hatred between his son and God, he saw how many Legions his son had and how big his army had become.
The Devil saw he needed to raise his own army that it needed to be bigger and more powerful than his sons. His army had just been built in time for the sons attack, the battle raged for days. Many thousands of demons were killed on both sides. When the war was over the Devil had won though the Devil failed to make a decisive win. The Son escaped with many hundreds of those who protected him and many more followers.

He had won the right to be known as the Son, he made a vow to his father.
     “Know this now but don’t think it will be forever. For I will return, and when I do I will have my vengeance. And to God, he had best be aware that of the day I return I will fight for control of your domain and his.”

The Devil spoke to God, he said what had happened, he said that if his Son was to ever to return they would have to join. God knew his army of Angels was not big enough, nor strong enough. Knowing he had too much to do watching over all he had created. He created two more to make an army for him, an army to protect the all. He created the Goddess Tianara to guide the army when it was on the land. And for those in the sea, he took the largest he had made and fashioned it after man. God gave him the name King Neptune.
     God wanted them to use their free, that with it they would want to give him an army. The Goddess of the land called to the King of the sea, together they agreed to make God his army, to protect those
that God called his children. The Goddess Tianara was to search the land to find and make the army. That the Generals would be of King Neptune’s children, they would be ready when called. God liked the army they promised him, he gave his thanks for the army to be.

Maidenscombe

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Of Kal-na, Ka-im and Vixana
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2014, 08:12:14 am »
CREATION  part 2

The Goddess Tianara had begun her search, though a thousand years or four was to pass before the Goddess found both of whom she searched for. Of those two armies they each fought to protect those who were weak and had been wronged. The Goddess caused each army to be near to the other. God had seen her choice, there was one he saw that he could use for another task so he had her wait. He wanted her kept in secret for the day should his will ever come to be.
     For the Goddess Tianara’s plan to work she needed to be seen but not as herself. She chose to join the army with herself unseen and as one who could foretell. She hid herself as a seer as she wanted to meet Garet that army’s weapons maker. She wanted to inspire him to create the weapons that would be used for God’s army. 
     Guiding both armies to be where they should be, where she decreed they should be; she had both armies be ready to be created one army
And if so she had many gifts to bestow. The Goddess waited and watched for her time to join.
     Holly Marie Eloepe looked at her broken army. She saw the distraught and disfigured bodies scattered about the battle field.
     “So many good warriors, so many were once good friends.”
Soldiers who she knew and trusted lay dead, she had cause to have it left to them her chosen guards they look at all the fallen bodies,
they looked for signs of life. Holly watched and hoped each time they stopped, it would be to kneel and offer help. And they did stop, often,  but on many of those times they’d plunge their spear into a body to stop a soldier who suffered, be it one of her soldiers or theirs.
Holly rolled over a body herself, she recognised her as a friend. She knelt to be beside her and quietly she spoke to her, hoping to hear a reply.
     “Gwellyn? can you hear me?” asked Holly.
Gwellyn opened her eyes and looked up.
     “Did we win?” she replied.
     “Yes, we won but our losses were far too many,” said Holly with a wry smile.
Gwellyn tried to sit up, she wanted to look at the battlefield.
Holly raised Gwellyn’s head she held her back high, so Gwellyn could see, she stared at all the fallen; she was so saddened by the sight of so many.
Holly helped her to stand after she had broken the end of a spear, and handed her the pole.   
     “Hold this, put your weight on it, it’ll help you to walk.”
Holly heard people shouting in her camp she looked to see who it was. A few of her archers had already begun to celebrate the win. Holly ran into the camp getting angrier as she ran towards them. The archers sang and danced with jugs of ale being swung about. Holly knocked the drinks from their hands, she glared at them.
     “Get back to the battlefield, now. Help my guards to find our injured.” As they were going to the battlefield one of the archers passed near to Garet, the archer told him how useless he was. Holly, about to tell Garet that he was important to her, to the army, that he should ignore the archer. But she was interrupted by another woman who walked towards them.
     “Don’t pay any attention to him of what you will do it will be of benefit to them, soon they will want to thank you,” she said.
Garet looked to her, surprised because he didn’t recognise her.
Holly faced her. “Tell me, who are you?”
     “I am your new seer, I was told to be here,” she said. 
     “Well I lead this army, and I don’t know who you are, I need to know you,” said Holly.
     “I agree,” said Garet he faced the seer.
     “As I said, I am the seer though you don’t know me, don’t doubt me because you don’t know me for I know you. And that I know of your past, I know of what you are doing now, and I know what is in your future. Of how I know that you can question later but as for now I know more of each of you than you know of yourself.”
Holly smiled, she held Garet’s shoulder.
     “You’ve got to admit it, she does speak like a seer. I’d like to know more but I doubt I’d understand her reply.” She smiled.
     “I’ll go back to the battlefield.”
     “Don’t go now, just because you don’t understand me. I have said what I am of why I am here though it will only be for today, tomorrow, or the next day. Then I promise you will know who I am, by then you will know more of each other and more of yourself.”
Holly stared at the seer, drawing a blank she looked to Garet.
Holly shrugged her shoulders.
     “I’ll leave you two to talk I’m going to go to the battlefield this time,” said Holly.
     “Before you go Holly do you know what weapons Garet is making or what he plans to make?” asked the new seer.
Holly was about to ask Garet why he had kept a secret from her but she then had doubt. She couldn’t remember if she knew. Had she asked Garet what they were and if so had Garet replied to her the seer’s comments caused confusion. As for Garet, he was concerned that the seer knew, he wanted to know how the seer knew of his plans and of his thoughts. Holly stopped where she was.
     “I’d like to know how you are progressing with those weapons,” said Holly as she looked to Garet and the seer.
     “Garet I want you to go and prepare them now, they will be needed soon,” said the seer.
Holly and Garet stood in silence they waited to see if the seer continued but she only smiled at them, and faced to the hills behind them. She pointed to them.
     “When your army is ready to go Holly have them march into the third valley, when the mornings sunlight falls to the valley floor watch as it goes toward the other army. But know this, when you do meet their leader she will appear between you. Be ready to answer her, for she will ask that your armies join as one. And if you say yes you will see many wonders that day.”
     The seer turned and went into a tent. Holly watched her walk away from them, she wanted to know more so she followed where the seer had gone into the tent. But when Holly got into the tent she found herself alone, confused. Going outside again she looked about for Garet but he had gone as well. The seer’s words repeated in her head. “Onto the valley floor over the second hill.”
     Holly went to the battlefield she looked at her army. She knew it was not battle ready, some of her army were unable to stand. Many of the army were unable to walk all the way to the battle, let alone battle as well. Speaking to each of her guards Holly told them of the battle that the seer spoke of in the next couple of days, Holly told her guards to only tell those who could walk.
     The next morning with a depleted army, and many of those were warriors had bravely walked with lengths of wood. Holly hoped that where they stood at the edge of the valley floor would be of help as the rays of sunlight would be in the eyes those they were to battle. As Holly watched the sunlight go down the side of the hills opposite them onto the valley floor, it revealed a massive army. Her own army was out-numbered by at least ten to one. Holly accepted within herself that she would not see another day. Though she would not go with grace, she would keep fighting until her last breath left her body.
     Seeing movement at the enemy armies front, expecting an early charge, Holly was about to call to her army but was surprised; she saw their leader had started to move forward until he was halfway between their armies. Holly did the same yet as she walked towards him she expected to be asked to surrender.
     When she was close to him, about to ask his conditions a glow of light grew from the ground; a dome of brilliant pure light.
Both Holly and Grevoth withdrew their swords; they accused each other of trickery then stared at each other. The light spread over the ground until it covered the both of them.
     “Put your weapons away, you do not need them here, for I caused this light to be,” said Tianara.
They looked at who said the words; Holly was surprised to see her new seer. The leader of the other army looked to Holly. He said that she was their seer.
     “I was never a seer to either army, I said to each of you that you will have to choose to be of one army or not. But before you do choose each of you should know this. Grevoth, those of your army who fell when they were marched here they will be returned to you, alive. And to you Holly, those of your army who fell in the last battle. If you join they will not be dead and they will return to walk with everyone free of injury. But only if you say yes, also if you do say yes you will never see one of the new army stay dead. For the army will always be, it will never stop.”
Holly looked to her. “Who are you?”
     “That I cannot say to you, to either of you, but if you both walk towards me, I will take it that you are saying yes that your armies to be as one, then I can tell.”
Grevoth looked to Holly and put his sword in its sheath, he turned to look at his army, and then he walked towards Tianara.
Holly looked at her army; she went to be at Grevoth’s shoulder.
     “We agree,” said Holly.
     “What can you tell us of what will be?” asked Grevoth.
     “Beginning of this day, Grevoth and Holly, a new destiny begins for you both and for those of your armies. The new army will be known as The Two Swords. Against each other you each had one sword, but together you still have two swords though you can only use one. The other will be your power.”
     “And what of us you won’t need two leaders?” asked Grevoth.
     “I will liaise with you, I will not lead you I’ll be your guide but I am not your leader for this is God’s army. You will be Generals in his army. Now know this about me, as I appear to you now I am Tianara, but when like this.”
Tianara’s whole body became bathed in light.
     “Know me now as Goddess Tianara. Now I invite you both to call to your armies, tell them to join and become friends. To have them prepare for the first battle is in two days. Where the battle is and who the battle is against, leave that to me, I am and will be your guide, I will cause you to be there.” As the dome of light faded, she disappeared.
     Calling their armies to join together, both Holly and Grevoth were surprised to see their warriors who once had injuries they were now fit and those who were dead, they walked amongst them. That night those of the two armies became friends they joined to become one army.
     In the early mornings light on the second day an army stood on barren ground. They looked towards a town, built within a big stone fort. Holly and Grevoth stood at the head of the army. The Goddess Tianara appeared a few paces in front of them; she faced them.
     “As of now you no longer fight to save the weak and the wronged,
from now you will battle all that is evil. The first battle the army will face will be against two hundred demons, they who we believe are as one of the Sons protectors and I foresee that you will win. All those you will face have the same weakness, they always believe they can win,” said Tianara. She pointed along the ground in front of them.   
     “See this line that I’ve drawn, when you cross over it you will be the Two Swords. Your clothes will change and you wear the battle dress as designed by Garet.”
Holly and Grevoth stepped over the line, as was said their clothes changed they looked down at their battle dress.
     “The crossbow over your shoulder is a weapon that Garet made it will always be ready for use. Now use the hand you would normally use to hold the sword, feel the sword and know that the other sword is your power. Holly, drop your sword to the ground.”
Holly looked to her, she removed the sword from its sheath and dropped it to the ground. As instantly as it touched the earth it appeared in her hand again.
     “Now both of you to move forward another step.”
Grevoth and Holly did as they were told. They saw in front of them the sunlight began to spread its light on the walls of the town. They knew that behind then the once their armies now stood as Gods army, the Two Swords had begun. Hearing a new sound behind her, with Grevoth they turned to see that Garet had started to slap the leather of his battle dress.
     “Why are you doing that?” asked Holly.
     “This will be the first time I have gone into battle, I need to ready myself.”
Grevoth smiled, he stood as tall as he could and faced the rest of the army and called to them.
     “Do as Garet the weapons maker does. From this day on the leather being slapped will be our battle cry one we can all do together, as one.”
     The army began to march forward, as they marched they began to slap the leather, the sound grew louder as more joined in. The army neared to a hundred paces from the town’s walls and the army stopped.
Horse pulled chariots raced to the walls as the charioteers threw hooks into the walls window portals, returning the attached ropes for other soldiers to pull them, the hooks loosened many stones as the portals became holes in the wall. As more hooks were withdrawn the holes grew bigger. The demonic vampires that could be seen to be hiding from the suns murderous rays could do nothing to stop the people of the town running to their freedom. When each one of the people were known to have escaped the town.
     With the Two Swords at the ready, Grevoth raised his sword, a signal for the archers to run to the front. Terracotta urns filled with burning oil were placed at their sides and the archers began to light their arrows to send a rain of fire onto the roofs of the towns buildings. With broken walls letting the sunlight in and fire spreading throughout the roofs of the towns buildings the vampires ran to try and find safety; to seek any pockets of shade and where the fire hadn’t reached.
     Holly led the main army’s charge to kill all the vampires that remained there. When they had all withdrawn from the town the people were allowed to return, one of the people went to speak to Grevoth.
     “Please help me, my wife and children they await my return to our home, if you can help them be here all the new horses I have they are yours. My house is to the west of here, nestled over the second hill in the valley,” said Tiberinus.
Holly looked to Grevoth.
     “That is the same as where I was told our armies would met.”
Though neither were aware Tianara was stood near, she heard his plee. She made her presence known, she smiled to Holly and Grevoth
     “I will do this,” she vanished.
     Thankful for their rescue the town’s people celebrated long into the night. In the mornings light though many of them had a sore head they were deep in regret. Tiberinus still waited for his wife and children, placating himself he wandered aimlessly passed the town’s walls. Then he saw his home, not a hundred paces away. Running to, and then into his home he was greeted by his wife and happy children.
     “We didn’t expect you back so soon, did you go to the town?” asked his wife. He held her
     “Grecia I did get to the town I am still there, as are you, look outside.”
Puzzled by his reply she looked to her children, who were now stood by the doorway. Excited they called to her to join them. Grecia went to be by them, she saw the people of the town.
     “Tiberinus, how could this be?”
     “I’m not sure,” he said, “I think it was because of…...”
Before he could tell the story, a bright light rose from the ground.
There walking in all her majesty from within the light, a glow still reigned about her body was the Goddess Tianara.
     “How?” he asked as he stared to her.
     “You asked us Tiberinus, to bring your wife and children here. In return you said we could have your new horses; those white unicorns I gave them wings. Know that they will be cared for, know they are the charge for each of The Riders.”

Maidenscombe

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2014, 03:00:39 am »

BEYOND THE GARDEN GATE

The sixteen year old sisters Julie and Tammy Weisse nervously crossed the lawn. They continuously looked about hoping that none of their friends had chosen that time to visit them, neither of them wanted any of their friends especially the boys to see them dressed as they were in such revealing clothes. It wasn’t that they didn’t want their friends to see them dressed like that, well they didn’t want any boys to see them like that. And it wasn’t that they preferred girls either, they didn’t want any of their friends to distract them from what they wanted to do. It had taken them a couple of days to build up the courage to be dressed as they were because: the long flowing Chiffon gowns were almost see through and normally they’d wear something like those dresses over another dress. As it was, their modesty was only retained because of the bikinis that they wore. And the reason why they were dressed like that? They believed that they had to wear clothes that featured their bodies in order to see a fairy in the lands beyond the garden gate. They held each other’s hand, expectant and hopeful of what they might see also to remove the fear they had. Tammy was nearly at the gate, she reached for the latch; about to lift it and allow the gate to open she heard her mother call to her telling her to stop, their mother she did not want her to open the gate. The twins turned towards the house, they saw that their mother looked towards them, she leant from the kitchen window. As soon as they had heard the window open they faced their mother though they said nothing. Their mother called to them to return to the kitchen where she would tell them what they might hope to see in there.
     “Whatever you do, please don’t go in there dressed like that,” called Mrs. Weisse.
Surprised at what their mother had said, they looked to each other.   
     “Does mum know what we want to see?” asked Julie.
Though both Julie and Tammy wanted to see the fairies though now they were intrigued by the concept that their mother knew what they wanted to see, Julie’s question remained.
     “Do you think our mother believes in fairies?” Tammy asked Julie.
As they went back over the lawn towards the back door of the house and opened it to get in to the kitchen. They went to the table, sat down and waited to hear what the mother said. While they were stood there they became aware of the clothes that is why they had sat down so quickly. They had felt embarrassed that their mother would see them dressed in so little. Going across the lawn they saw their mother close the window, and heard her fastened the lock. As the girks entered the kitchen they saw a saucepan of milk had been out to boil, she had taken three mugs from one of the kitchen cabinets and put them on the side ready for the chocolate powder the milk and a bit of sugar she asked them if they’d both like as drink of hot chocolate. She looked at them before they had time to answer her.
     “Why would you even want to wear clothes like that, do you know I can see right through them?” 
The girls defended their need to wear the gowns. “But mum,” announced Tammy she looked to her sister for support as she tried to explain their choice of what to wear.
     “The only people we have seen who have gone to see the fairies are on the internet. And they have all been dressed like us, some of them have worn even less,” stated Julie.
Their mother sighed, she was not impressed that her girls would allow themselves to consider those sites as being truthful indicators of what people wore.
     “No fairy would ever want to be dressed in that way, so thank God I saw you before it was too late.”
Their mother looked to them, she shook her head and told them to go to their room and get changed into what they normally wore. As they were about to leave the room she poured the hot milk onto the chocolate in the mugs. “Would you like some choccy biscuits as well?”
Tammy and Julie ran up the stairs to their bedroom each stood at opposite ends of the room; they each sought some form of sanctuary. They both opened a wardrobe door to stop them being seen by the other; for some semblance of privacy. They rushed to discard their gowns. They longed the freedom they knew they would feel as they stepped into what they would normally wear. Tammy faced herself in her mirror; she felt so much more relaxed now, in what she had chosen to wear. She looked at the dress that had been unceremoniously dumped on her bed than at the clothes she had changed into.
     “I hope I never want to wear anything like that again,” Tammy said to her reflection.
     “Nor me.” she heard her sister say.
She hadn’t been aware that Julie could have heard her or that she wanted to hear her. Tammy stepped away from the wardrobe door and looked towards where Julie was stood.
     “I don’t know about you but I never felt so embarrassed, exposing myself like that, if anyone of our friends had seen us dressed like that in those gowns,” Julie stared at Tammy. Surprised and pleased as they saw what each other had changed into.
     “Yet, after all that, after what we did out there, even now we still dress the same,” added Julie. Even though they didn’t know what the others would change into, even though we hadn’t tried to be alike we still looked and dressed the same. They were about the same height and both had the same shoulder length hair with a central parting even though they did have different coloured hair. Their slim figures were highlighted because of their clothes; a red checked flannelette shirt and a pair of jeans with a tight leather belt. Even their choice of shoes was the same. Going downstairs to the kitchen Tammy wished her dark brown hair was more like Julie’s strawberry blonde hair, but her dark hair seemed to suit her round face, she was proud she took her looks from their mother. Julie had a thinner longer face just like their fathers. As they stood at the kitchen door they were happy to see that their mother had put the plate of nice choccy biscuits on the table ready for them.
     “Sit yourselves down my girls and I’ll try to explain why you should never go into there, dressed like you were.” Their mother grew serious as she caste them a quizzical frown.
     “Do I take it you wanted to see one of the fairies or was it all the fairies? Did you know that beyond the garden gate there are also all manner of witches, and those witches would have loved to see you dressed as you were in those gowns.” 
The twins looked to each other, smiled and admitted to each other that even in those gowns they did look pretty. Their mother grimaced to them.
     “If you had stayed on the lawn then yes, I will admit you would be pretty but so much more would have to be considered if you had gone passed the garden gate. You would only have reminded the witches
what they were before, and of what they did before,” their mother said.
Their mother gave them and herself the mugs of hot chocolate.
     “Had they seen you those witches would have lured you to a place that you wouldn’t want to be. Once there they would have attacked you stripped you of your clothes then they’d have stripped you of your
skin; they would have killed you.”
The twins were shocked, they looked to each other.
     “We had never even thought that there would be witches in there.”
     “Many many years ago, one of the witches that was in there was banished, thrown out of the garden by some of the Devil’s demons. The witch was so evil that she was feared by most of those who lived there. Her name was and probably still is Vixana. She was said to have tried to control all who there, initially her controlling them was seen as a good thing. But she liked controlling them too much. Killing others of her kind or different to her wasn’t evil in her eyes, but the problem may have been that she enjoyed killing those others, even if she did so because that was how she was. She was known to have had one friend who frequented the garden. Though he wasn’t kicked out, he left when he wanted to. He was and is the Son of the Devil. Of that witch Vixana though, when she was caste out of the garden that was nine hundred years ago. No one to this day knows to where she went when she was thrown out of the garden. There is one way we know of how to find where she is but that way is when she meets the Son, she will light a small camp fire and finding that fire would be much too hard. So if you see a small fire, run away. All her memories of the garden would have been kept by her, so if you ever go in there be aware not to speak to a stranger, it might be her,” said their mother.
     “If we ever do go into there, how would we know what she looked like or if she was near?” asked Julie.
Their mother sat back and looked to them.
     “She was said to have changed her appearance, sometimes daily so I doubt anyone would recognise her. She used to live in a cave that had its entrance faced away from the ocean. I think she wanted to avoid the winds that came in from over the water. That might have something to do with it; there is a candle in her cave even now it is a candle
that always burns. The flame is black if she is here, it burns blue if she is near and it burns as any flames burns, then you are safe. And no one here ever wants her ever to return.”
The twins looked to each other then they faced their mother. Tammy said that she didn’t want to talk about witches anymore and asked if they could know more about the fairies instead. 
     “When we said that we were going to go into the garden it was just to see if there was one, we don’t really know if they are any there,” added Julie. Neither of them knew for sure if they would see anything, but they hoped they would. Tammy asked her mother if she thought that they might be real. Their mother smiled to them.
     “I don’t think they are real, I know they are though I only know one of them by name, she was known to me as the Queen T’lucyan. So yes I do believe. Have you asked your father what he believes?”
     “No, we haven’t said anything to father, we didn’t see much point. Neither of us thought he’d believe about them,” said Tammy.
     “Okay,” said their mother, “I can understand that why you might
think that, but not why you do. When you decided to go into there, to beyond the garden gate which one of their circles did you want to go to?”
Tammy and Julie exchanged a puzzled look.
     “We only thought there was one circle, how many circles are there. We had intended to go to the circle that is near the beach,” said Julie.
     “That would have been a waste of time then you wouldn’t have seen one, not there. No fairy would be there not at this time of year. They’d be at the circle that is hidden by the trees, on the left not far from the garden gate. They would be making the circle ready. If they had seen you dressed as you were they would all have run away and you’d never have known about them, all you’d see would be the circle,” said their mother.
     “We’d scare them?” asked Julie.
     “Dressed as you are now, no. But if any of them had seen you dressed as you were then yes. I think you need to understand where the witches come from to understand that. Years ago all of the witches were Sirens, and the Sirens hated everyone who lived in the sea and worked on the sea. As for the age of the fairies they don’t measure
Their age as the taller they are the younger they are. The eldest ones are those who seek shelter from the rain under mushrooms.”
The girls mother finished her drink of chocolate, she put the mug in the sink and looked out of the kitchen window at the garden gate.
     “But you would know that, if you knew where they came from.”
The girls turned to look at the door. “Dad,” they each exclaimed, “How long have you been there?”
He looked to his wife.
     “Why are you telling them that? Today of all days.”
     “They need to be told, tomorrow they come of age,” she replied.
The twins looked to each other. What was this coming of age, it wasn’t near their birthday. Their father looked at their mother shaking his head. Their mother went to the kitchen cupboard, she opened a drawer and took out  the birthday candles putting them on the top, and she took a large diary from the drawer and began to flick through the pages.   
     “I started this diary when they were born, so I know that tomorrow will be their coming of age day and they ought to be told today so they know what to expect, here we are oh,” she said.
     “If there is one thing that I as their father would always need to get right. It would be to do what is to get their special days right. It is one thing to be wrapped around their little fingers, but to have them tell you off for getting the day wrong. Let’s just say I’m not that brave,” said Mr. Weisse.
Their mother grinned to him, she pointed to the garden gate.
     “Well I just stopped them from opening the garden gate not thirty minutes ago, that is why I decided to tell them,” said Mrs. Weisse.
Their father looked to her then at the girls.
     “They did?” He said after he faced his wife then them, “If that was what they did then yes, I agree.” 
     Their father looked to them then he went to the kitchen door. He stopped to tell the girls that they ought to have a picnic. Opening the door he went across the lawn towards the garden gate.
     “Now that the curiosity in you has begun to rear its ugly head I need to know what you know. Time is almost upon us, and that you need to know more.”
     “Father?” asked the Tammy.
     “Know of this, as of now you need to know about what lies beyond the gate because right now they will be able you and by the end of tomorrow you will be able to see them,” explained their father.
     “Our girls wanted to see a fairy, which is nice or could have been but they were dressed like a Siren, a see through gown and all,” said their mother.
They told their dad that they weren’t naked under the gown, that their mother was exaggerating, and that they were wearing a bikini under the gown. “The bikini’s that you bought us dad. What mum said though, do you believe that fairies exist in there?” asked Tammy.
     “Yes I do believe in them, I know about them and what they were before they came here. I also know about the witches and what they are from.”
     “Mum told us that witches are from Sirens, but I didn’t really understand as the history books are full of tales about witches that are just normal people.”
     “I would agree you but that isn’t quite right. Away from here there was only one real one, the witch Vixana,” said their father.
     “I did say about her,” said the mother.
     “Nearly all the witches you see in the street, at the clubs, they are normal people who have another belief but not those beyond the gate. In the garden every witch used to be a Siren, she would lie on the rocks, and by not wearing much she could try to tempt sailors towards them and the ship would run aground on the rocks. The ship would usually crash on the rocks and sink, that was good in the days gone by, but then then more and more ships were built of steel and they didn’t always sink. Sirens once lived all over the world, in many of those places that they were it can still be found if you know what to look; it was where a lighthouse was built. So when the ships were made of metal the Sirens had to evolve and they began to be witches. They still try to lure some onto the rocks but they are now witches not Sirens. There are a few wooden ships, fibreglass is often used for boats as is metal. But the main victims are mermaids not sailors.”
Tammy and Julie were puzzled.
     “Are any there any Sirens beyond the gate and if so are they evil?” asked Tammy.
     “Understand this; all Sirens became witches, and only one witch has been kicked out of there for being too evil. She would even attack others like herself if they didn’t do as she told them. Another was removed but she was a good witch,” said their father.
     “The one that kicked out, what can you tell me about her?”
     “The evil one Tammy she bore the name Vixana, she was the only one removed. There was another who left a good witch and that was from about two hundred years ago.”
     “Thank you, it was a hundred and ninety three years dear.” 
     “Yes my dear,” he said as he looked to his wife, “Touchy isn’t she. Now what can you two tell me about the mermaids and the fairies?” asked their father.
Julie looked blankly at him.
     “Do you remember the town’s regatta?” asked their mother.
     “The town’s boating regatta, the one held in the harbour each year. It is held the week end after next.”
     “That’s right has either of you remembered about the towns fishing fleet? That it always leaves for an hour or so,” said their mother. Both the girls remembered, but they wanted to know why the fishermen left and where they’d go. Their father told them that all the fishing boats would come to the beach beyond the garden gate. That the fishermen would form two lines from the sea to the circle nearest where they were. Julie was a bit confused she wanted to know how her father knew that.
     “Listen to your father my dears, when the fishermen first get to our beach they wait until the whales are seen. Because some of those whales have a mermaid on their backs, when a whale has reached the beach the mermaid is taken off and carried onto the beach. Those who can walk are allowed to go to the circle in the forest, the others are carried there.”

Maidenscombe

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2014, 03:20:17 am »
     “Remember what was said about their height of the fairies, the tall ones are the new ones; a few of the mermaids become new fairies,” said their dad.
     “Many of them will go to be a soldier in his army. But once in a life time of blue moons the mermaid comes to us who is to be as a special one. But first, what I said about us having a picnic,” said their father. He looked to the girl’s mother.
     “Okay,” she smiled.
A blanket appeared on the grass and a spread of food appeared on that.
     “Mum, that was you, you were the good witch?” asked Tammy.
     “Yes it was now look at the house, at how it is built. Not many houses are built like that these days. The house is your father’s house and before him it was his brother’s house. It has always been a family house, it has always had an ancestor of yours living here. Before the house was here there was a hut before the hut there was a shelter.”
     “Don’t you mean it was dad’s father’s house?” asked Julie.
     “No, the house the hut the shelter whatever type of shelter it was it was always lived in by a brother not your fathers father. Now you need to know about the school and what part the school has played. After the regatta each year there are foreign exchange students at the school.”
Tammy said she remembered them.
     “They were at the school to learn about earth’s history. that was odd why they weren’t taught normal history.”
     “One day, one will come along who is like the others but her place in the army could be very, special,” said their dad.
Their mother looked at them.
     “Because of them never get too close to the gate three paces is the limit, any closer would be dangerous without someone there to protect you. If a fairy thinks you weren’t invited you would be held captive and if you are dressed like their enemy, I just hope they tell us,” said their mother.                   
     The telephone started to ring; it drew their mother’s attention away from them, she went into the house to answer it. As she went away Julie looked to her father.
     “Dad, can you tell us where the Sirens come from?” she asked.
     “Sorry, not many can claim to be friends with them and even then they wouldn’t say anything. They don’t talk to anyone who’s not one of them.”
Their mother ran back to them.
     “That was the Dressmakers shop there’s a new one in the shop,” she said.
     “A new what?” asked their father.
     “A blue whale just brought her in,” she motioned to Julie and Tammy, “The person who rode it here is asking for them.”
     “Really! Okay girls get into the car,” said their father.
Wanting to know more about a special one, the twins moodily got in the car. After the car had left the house and was being driven to the town.
     “When we get back home will you tell us more about the special ones?” asked Tammy.
Their mother said that she could on the drive to the shop but if they wanted to wait until after their father had driven then there. So if  you want to that is fine.” 
     “You were, oh please tell us now,” said Julie.
Neither of the girls thought she would tell them straight away. Quickly became very attentive.
     “Most mermaids who are ready to change they get here at the same time, but not all of them. And I know that upsets you, I’ve seen you out there on the beaches you’ll try to help those who bring them. But you will never succeed, not until each of the whales know that she is safe they won’t leave even if you free them from the beach.”
     “What do you mean?” asked Julie.
     “The whales that beach themselves, and swim back to the beach even after they are freed.”
     “All those times we set them free, why would the whales do that?” asked Tammy dejectedly.
     “Tomorrow you will know, but for now you’d better know. The whales have a reason to do what they do, they beach themselves on purpose. For it is their presence that protects the mermaids and they will always remain until they know the mermaid is safe, they will always stay. They hope as much as we do, as all the fairies do, that she is a special one. As long as the whales are there, the mermaid is safe. Then we take over from the whales we are to make sure the mermaid has protection.”
     “Something isn’t right, Julie was didn’t understand how the whales would know when it was safe?” asked Julie.
     “They should know,” said their mother, “It is your father who tells them.” She looked to the both of them.
     “Of a special one the last was called many hundreds of years ago she didn’t become a fairy, she did not become one in the army, she became a General in his army, or more. A hundred and thirty years ago a mermaid did come here, who wasn’t going to be a fairy or be in the army,” said their father. 
     “Why was he sent here?” they asked.
     “That mermaid was sent here to be ready. At some time soon a special one will come but no one knows when.”
     “You said about the army but not what army, if she is a special one does that mean the army is special, and if it does what could be so special about an army?” asked Julie.
     “You are right, the army that is special, it was created by King Aqueion and the Goddess Tianara, it was given to him,” said their father.
Their mother extended her arm wide then pointed up. “His army.”
The twins looked up then at their mother. “Do you mean God’s army?” She smiled to her girls.
They stared open mouthed.
     “Have you never wondered why all the people in town go to church? Even when the national attendances are down, is it because all the people who live in this town know that God exists?”
The twins continued to stare at their mother. Their father parked the car alongside the boat ramp.
     “So here we are, about going into the dressmaker’s shop, to help a mermaid, your father and I are needed here. 
     “I will be with you in just a minute, I’d better go and see our friend, to let the whale know that it is safe to go,” said their father.
     “This has been said a few times So just in case it is what you are thinking. When a mermaid lives in the sea she has a tail, when she is called she can go on the beach and when her tails dries it changes to be legs so she can learn how to walk. When her time is done her body begins to produce salt and the salt in the sea water becomes intolerable to her. That is when she begins to breathe air and a whale will carry her to the beach to her and she will need to breathe air.
So until someone in the town is given to look after her it is your mother and I who help her. If you want would you help her, until the right one is found?” The twins look to their father.
     “What, yes, yes, of course we will.”
     “You will get help teaching her, she will be a foreign exchange student.”
     “That mermaid, will she be a fairy?” asked Tammy.
Her father looked to her.
     “Or will she be in the army?” asked Tammy.
Inside the door their mother went to the shop assistant. “Is the shop’s owner here Miss Cubiere?”
The assistant smiled broadly, she gazed at the twins. “Which one of you is Julie?”
Julie stepped forward. 
     “And you are Tammy,” she looked at them both, “The twins.”
     “Yes, but we are not identical twins,” said Tammy, she realised what she had just said, and looked down at the shop floor embarrassed for herself. Knowing that the assistant would have noticed that as soon as she looked at them. She looked to her sister. “That is the sort of thing to say that should only be said when one of us is on the phone.”
The assistant began to turn from them towards the changing rooms. “I will be back with her in a bit.”
She soon came back from the changing rooms with a young girl who looked a few years older than the girls Julie and Tammy. 
The shop assistant faced him.
     “These are the two you asked for. And this their mother and Father,” said the assistant as she looked at the girls.
     “My name is Ka-im,” she told the girls that when she lived out there in the sea her name was Tyunalci, “And you who are their father, know that our father misses you, that he still speaks of you and he is proud of you.” said Ka-im.
A long low pitched wail is heard outside. Ka-im looked out of the shop to the sea. She leant out from the window.
     “That was my dad,” she said.
Loud whale song is heard in the shop. She faced them and smiled as she looked to them. Seeing the puzzled looks on the girls faces.
     “That was me saying goodbye to dad,” she glanced out to sea again, “I will miss my dad.” 
The girls were still a bit puzzled.
     “My father, he is King Aqueion.”
Both Tammy and Julie looked as though they were still puzzled.
     “He is father to all mermaids, your father’s father is King Aqueion as well.” Ka-im looked to the girl’s father.
     “They do know what is meant to happen don’t they, as I was being prepared to be here I was told that they are to teach me, that is right isn’t it?”
Both of the girls pleaded forgiveness, Julie explained to Ka-im that they had never had to teach anyone before, you are our first. Ka-im smiled understandingly to her.
     “Okay. We have a couple of days before your school begins another term, that should be enough time for the both of you to teach me another language.”
Julie and Tammy didn’t know what to do they were so worried they both asked me how they could do that.
Sternly their father faced Ka-im he tried not to smile.
     “Now that was mean, but I did like it,” their father looked at his daughters, “Ka-im’s first language was and is whale song, the language that she just used to speak to our father in,” said their father as he looked to Ka-im, “I’ve missed that sense of humour.”
Tammy looked to her father she muttered something to Julie about him. Julie smiled to her and tried not to laugh.
     “There is one thing Ka-im, about our father you said he used to be a mermaid right, so when he came to live on the land he was already old. As earth people go, how old would that have been?” 
Ka-im faced the twin’s father, she grinned. “I think he would prefer me not to say.” 
     “Oh, he’s that old?” said Tammy, she looked to Julie and both the girls giggled with each other.

« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 09:31:21 pm by Maidenscombe »

Maidenscombe

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2014, 03:30:29 am »

A few days after the towns regatta at the school the exchange students were left to begin learning about the world’s history finding details on the World Wide Web. Julie and Tammy were studying about the pyramids of Egypt. The teacher pointed to the quiet, studious exchange students.
     “Some in this room are fast learners, shame about the rest.”
Tammy leant to Julie, and said just a bit too loud. “Ooh sister, did you hear that he didn’t refer to us as you rabble.”
Julie looked to her sister, grinned and tried not to laugh then she looked to the teacher.
     “Hmm, right, open your books to page seventy two, today you will read what the bible says of the plagues in Egypt and what the bible states they were, your assignment for the week will be to state what else could have caused those plagues. I will expect your answers to be given to me before the regatta and I will expect your answers to be in your best handwriting,” said the teacher.

At the days end, outside the school Julie, Tammy and Ka-im with half the schools pupils waited for the school buses to take them home. Gavin, Andrew and Brian from a nearby school confronted Julie.
Gavin pushed her aside from the others girls. “So here you are Julie, without a teacher and no one else to protect you,” said Gavin with a smile.
Tammy tried to get in the way, but the two other boys pushed her aside.
Julie looked to Ka-im, Gavin saw her look. “Don’t bother looking there, there is nothing she can do to help you.” he said keeping her away from her friends.
Gavin moved a pace toward Ka-im, all of the exchange students ran to stand in his way. Initially Gavin was surprised at their reaction but he soon became angry that they had got in his way. He knew why they did that but he couldn’t comprehend why they would put themselves in the way. A voice behind the exchange students spoke to Gavin it gave him a warning.
     “You should leave now.”
Gavin tried to see who it was that said that. “I don’t think so,” he looked at Julie, then towards where he’d heard the voice, “No, I don’t think I will, I’m going to stay just here.”
     “You will only get one more warning,” said the voice. Gavin casually looked over his shoulder to his friends.
     “And if I still say no what then?” he asked.
A young women and a fit muscular young man walked to be in front of the exchange students, the young woman stood next to Ka-im. The young man stood in front of them he looked to Julie and told her to stay where she was. “Do not move, I will protect you.” Tammy eased her way to stand beside her sister. She looked at the two new girls who stood by Ka-im, she didn’t know who they were, she couldn’t remember seeing them before but she felt the hairs on the back of her neck stand up.
     “I asked you to leave and you refused. I told you only one more warning but you are still here, so now I am telling you, now you should beware,” said Kal-na.
     Cla-ere held an arm in front of Ka-im, she told her to keep behind her. Surprised, Gavin stayed where he was, he looked about to see where his friends were then he looked to Julie.
     “One day Julie I will get you by yourself, I won’t forget this.”
Kal-na took hold of him, without a care of who he was she violently swung him about so she could look into his eyes.
     “That sounded just like a threat. You will never harm her, never make the mistake of being the cause of my return,” said Kal-na.
     “Really,” said Gavin breaking free of her grip, “I’m so scared, I have never heard a threat before.” He laughed at Kal-na.
Kal-na faced Cla-ere. “Say the word and this threat ends now.”
Tammy began to feel more worried than she had been, Kal-na faced Gavin and his two friends she glared at them. Never will you threaten those two again. Kal-na’s clothes changed to that of her battle dress. She slid her sword from its sheath and stared to each of them and vehemently spat the words to Gavin.
     “Understand this, leave now, or never leave, this warning, is the last you will ever get from me,” said Kal-na.
Gavin and his friends stared at him in disbelief, Gavin saw a glow begin in his eyes and watched as it spread over his face, they all turned and ran away, fast.
Cla-ere turned to look at the exchange students, to everyone there. “Thank you for protecting her, now forget.”
     One of the teachers from the school had gone to Tammy and Julie’s house after school to see their parents. When he arrived he was invited in to the kitchen and to go to the table. Once there he sat with them for a cup of coffee. Mr. and Mrs. Weisse wanted to know why a teacher from their daughter’s school had come to the house to see them.
     The teacher said that there had been a problem at the school, that they should be made aware of, it only happens after the school day ends and has involved three boys from another school nearby; it is when the children wait for the school buses. Some bullying is involved but to what extent no one has said. All the teachers are aware of it and we will try to help.
     “We will take care of the situation identify the boys and stop the situation escalating. I was told to come here to tell you what is happening to make you aware.”
Tammy and Julie’s parents looked to each other.
     “The timing sucks it isn’t the best time if this happened at any other time of the year we would want to be there for our daughters. But one of them came.. ..,” the father looked to the teacher, “Do you know about the exchange students?”
The teacher told them that he did. “I was born in the town, I think that was why I got the job at the school. I know about the fairies and where they come from but what has that to do with now. Neither of your daughters became a carer to one who came in at the regatta.” 
     “I’m sorry to tell you this, you should have been told of this before now. Our girls care for Ka-im she came just before the regatta.” The twin’s father got up from his chair, he went to stand at the window and looked out, across the lawn towards the garden gate.
     “What my wife knows but you do not is that I was sent here, I was told to wait here and watch for her, I knew that a special one was about to come, that the wait has now been justified. He turned to face his wife and the teacher, “That one is here, now.” The teacher and the mother went to the kitchen window.
     “The only one who is here, is Ka-im you don’t mean her do you?” asked the teacher.
     “It all started this morning I began to know that one was here. From every other minute of the day my memory grew, it wasn’t a case of my memories getting clearer more that the veils were being lifted so that I was allowed to see more.”
He pointed into the garden.
     “It is all about her, the girl by the gate, Ka-im she is the girl who our girls are watching over. Not that they will need to watch out  for her soon, she will be able to do that for herself, especially when they get here. And I dare say you’ll want to know the reason why she is there, she is waiting for the others to take her.” 
While Mrs. Weisse looked to Ka-im and wondered who she was two others walked into the garden, one strode straight towards Ka-im the other looked about, he was more cautious though he never let the other get far from his side. They both stood near to Ka-im.   
     “Who are they” asked the teacher.
     “Those two, well I can tell you only one of them passed through this way the young man he is an anomaly and why he is here I have no idea. Ka-im is here to take the place of the woman, of what she was not what she is,” said Mr. Weisse.
His wife looked to him, she tried to understand what her husband had said but was unable to.
     “The one Ka-im is to replace is Cla-ere, not for who she is but for what she was. Until recently Cla-ere was the General of the Riders,” said Mr. Weisse.
     “Ka-im is a special one, she’ll be that General?” exclaimed Mrs. Weisse. 
     “The other one, who is he?” asked the teacher.
     “That is where this is all wrong, I can only guess why is he here.”
The twins entered the garden and approached Ka-im. They stopped, knelt and bowed as they approached. Mrs. Weisse and the teacher looked to each other, then too her husband. “Why did my girls just do that?”
     “They knelt to Cla-ere, as I said she is no longer a General of the Riders; she is now the Goddess Cla-ere.” Mr. Weisse looked at them and the attitude of the one with her and Ka-im.
     “Something is wrong though, very wrong for that other one to be here as a protector for them. Cla-ere would normally be surrounded by her own guards but she isn’t and he here. For him to be here something must be seriously wrong. I don’t expect either of you to know who he is.”
     “Instead of talking to yourself about the if’s and but’s, why don’t you just tell us who he is?” asked the teacher.
     “Sorry, that is Kal-na he has attained the heights of being one of Gods favourites. He was chosen by him to do his bidding and return the many who had escaped him. But if Kal-na has been told to be here there must be great need. Once known as Kal-na he was honoured by God many hundreds of your lifetimes ago, he was given the position of Death one of the four horsemen of the apocalypse. So for him to be here as he was, what is so important.”
     “Could Kal-na be here for the Devil?” asked the teacher.
The girl’s father looked to Kal-na.
     “No, God would not send Kal-na for him. The Devil was once created by God as an Angel, the leader of his army of Angels. The Devil will forever have the inherent ability of being given a chance that he could be forgiven. No, Kal-na could only be here because of the danger posed by the Son.”
     “The who?” asked his wife.
     “The Son of the devil, that must be it, Kal-na would only be here to escort Cla-ere and Ka-im to the new home, gives you some idea how well thought of Kal-na is by him.”
     “But if Cla-ere is a Goddess why doesn’t she have the power to protect herself and Ka-im?” asked the teacher.
     “She will do soon, but not yet and she will always have the power to do what needs to be done, but with her guards to protect her. Plus she needs to understand her power and how to use it,” said Mr. Weisse, “But you should understand that the Goddesses as my father are there to guide God’s army. The Goddesses would aspire to be like Kal-na the Debt Collector.”
As Mr. and Mrs. Weisse and the teacher watched they saw them Ka-im, Cla-ere and Kal-na thank their daughters, they waved to them, then vanished.

(I can't believe how many times I've altered the wording on that chapter, and no doubt I will do more.)

Maidenscombe

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2014, 03:35:04 am »
Here is a list of the chapters I've written

THE CREATIONS                                               
BEYOND THE GARDEN GATE                             
WITCHCRAFT AT WAR                                                         
KAL-NA’S RETURN                                   
KAL OF SWANDAR                                     
THE SONS PROTECTORS                           
CHURCH MATTERS                                   
OF THE SONS FOLLOWERS                       
AT THE DIG                                                 
DEATH BY WHITE NOISE                         
GHOSTS TO SEALS IN TEN                       
SOULS OF THE DEAD                                                                   
SEARCH FOR THE SISTERS                       

SOME CHARACTERS                                 
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 11:31:35 pm by Maidenscombe »

Maidenscombe

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2014, 11:25:58 pm »

WITCHCRAFT AT WAR

In the calm of a quiet sunlit morning with a clear blue sky, in the reception at the Beltone police station PC Steven Rawlings had just finished making sure his appearance was right. He tidied the displays behind the counter and made sure everything was in order. He checked the calendar to make sure that it showed the correct date; May the twentieth, nineteen forty he read it aloud to himself just to be sure.
     He had made sure that all the pens worked, and checked that there were enough information pamphlets on display. He looked about the reception area and wondered what to do next. PC Rawlings hated these mornings when he had to work at finding work to do, to look as if he was busy. He sat at his desk near the counter and began to doodle on a piece of scrap paper. Though a doodle is all he’d admit to, he wasn’t much good at art. Hearing the telephone start to ring, he reached for it quickly, then stopped himself, and waited for the third ring. He needed to wait that long because he wanted people to think he was busy. When he did answer the phone he tried to sound cheerful.
     “Good morning, how can I help you?”
He waited for a response then repeated what he had said, he hoped for a reply. Eventually he heard the caller greet him.
     “Morning, my name is Henry Newbury.”
PC Rawlings listened to what he was told the man said that he thought his wife was missing. PC Rawlings asked him to explain as he wanted to know what made him think that.
     “I work nights at a bread factory. When I left our home last evening my wife Alison had gone out which happens, but she wasn’t at home this morning. I rang her work, to see if she’d gone in early but she wasn’t there. So now I’m ringing you, though I’m not sure enough time has elapsed. It has only been sixteen hours that I haven’t seen her for.”
     “True, normally we’d prefer you wait for about twenty four hours, it would give the person time to return but I can take her details anyway,” said PC Rawlings.
     “Her name is Alison Newbury,” said Henry, “She works at The Marhaul Industries Factory as an Order Clerk. She is twenty six years old, fit and healthy.” 
     “I’m sorry to ask this but could she be at friends,” asked PC Rawlings, “Or with someone you don’t know about, from her work, I mean another man.”
The line went quiet.
     “She did mention two men’s names but that was quite a few months ago now, there has been nothing of late, their names were Peter Featheringue and Reg Farnsworth.
     “Thank you, does she do any evening activities?” asked PC Rawlings.
     “She is the secretary for a local ghost hunters club. They had always met on every Friday and quite often at the week-ends. They often went to a haunted house. Come to think of it, as far as I remember she was meant to be going to one in a week or two with some others.
They were from another club, and they were all women on that trip.”
     “Leave all you said with me,” said a thoughtful PC Rawlings, “I’ll take those details of your wife, and see about getting the ball rolling. Someone will contact you in a few days.”
     PC Rawlings took the information upstairs to the detective’s room, he hoped to see Detective Edwina Rathbone. Finding her sat at her office desk filing reports of a case. Detective Rathbone looked up.
     “Morning Steve, what can I do for you on such a lovely day.”

PC Rawlings looked to her detective Rathbone always reminded him of Margaret Rutherford, that look in her eyes gave warmth yet held a curious disposition. He gave her the list of details about the missing woman. He waited there while the detective read what was on the list.
     “So she’s only been missing for what, sixteen hours?” She looked further down the list,   
“Okay Steve, these men who are they? They don’t seem to be a part of this.”
     “I asked him if there might another man she had gone to, those are the names that were given. And he said they were who she was in contact with about a year ago,” said PC Rawlings.
Edwina looked to him she waited while he thought about it, she wanted to know more about her.
     “About the women who are mentioned they are all meant to be going to a haunted house with them, somewhere in South Devon or Cornwall. Come to think of it I can’t remember if he said the house was haunted or if the house is the ghost. There was one other thing but that is about that man, that Henry Newbury. There was something about him, I didn’t recognise the accent he spoke with, there was another that it felt as though he was trying to hide,” stated PC Rawlings.
Watching Steve leave the room detective Edwina Rathbone took the report of the missing woman to detective Moore in the incident room. As she walked into the room she noticed the names of two other missing women on the board.
     “What’s our Eddy in here for?” Edwina turned about to see detective Sandra Moore stood behind her.
     “I’ve got another one for you that will make it three women suspected as missing and in the last twenty four hours. These first two, what do you know about them?” asked Detective Rathbone.
     “Only their names at the moment I wasn’t intending to do much until they’d had time to return. But I’m not so sure know, considering yours as well, I can see that something is wrong. Just one missing woman is bad enough but with three missing at about the same time?
I’m not so sure, there might be a problem. Like they say two gives a link but three is creating a pattern. Any problem we did have it just got a hundred times worse,” said Det. Moore.
     “Wendy Rhodes aged twenty two and Greer Symes who is twenty four. Both went missing yesterday. Just Like mine, I have Alison Newbury aged twenty six, they’re all fairly young.”
     “If you don’t mind,” said Det. Rathbone, “I’ll help you on this one as my gut it is telling me something else is going on with them, I don’t think this case is as simple as it should be.”
One thing they didn’t have to concern themselves with, the area hadn’t been affected by any bombing as yet. Both the detectives agreed the first step should be to get some photographs of the missing to see what the women looked like. To see if they have they had the same hair colour, and if they are the same height.
     “I think it’ll be best if I go to see Wendy Rhodes parents first. Of all those who were reported as missing her parents were the first report I had.”
Detective Rathbone agreed with her.
     “You should check with the hospitals to see if anyone has been brought in. Though I haven’t heard of any one fitting the descriptions and while you are gone I’ll get Mrs. Newbury’s husband in, I’ll try to find a bit more about her.”
     Det. Moore knocked on the door then she waited a step or two from the house outside. The door was answered quick.
     “Have you heard from her?” Detective Moore asked.
Mr. Rhodes was sad. “Nothing, hearing the door just then I admit I did hope it was her.”

Detective Moore said she was an optimist.
     “Most of the time when young women go missing they do return usually after a day or so, but not always though it might be later. The reason I am here and I hope you can this, do you have a photograph of her.”
     “I think so, there is a good one upstairs, it is an eight by five photograph I’ll only be a minute,” Mr. Rhodes said.
     At the incident room in the station, Detective Moore put the photographs on the blackboard then she stepped back and looked at the new names.
     “You’ve been busy here, it looked bad before but now, with six new names and photos for them it does look a lot worse.”
     “You need to thank Mr. Newbury he was very helpful, though maybe he was to helpful. I don’t know what it was but he seemed to be too keen. It was as though he wanted to follow her not find her. When PC Rawlings handed me this case he said he had his doubts about him.” 
     “Did you do the interview while I was gone?” asked Det. Moore.
     “Yes, I saw that Henry in the cafeteria which put him at ease, I tried to make it sound like a chat over a coffee instead of an interrogation. He began to tell me so much stuff about Alison and the other women that I started to doubt him. Maybe it was that he was being to helpful. Anyway I rang the police stations where those other women come from, and the police station where they are from have all got them listed as missing it was at one of those places that the police had them as going to a haunted house that is in or near the town of Dartmouth. One thing I was told at those police stations, each one of the young women knew about Alison. The women’s names are Alison Newbury, Wendy Rhodes, Karen Parsons, Sandra Hillsam, Judith Wyrd and Greer Symes.”
     “I rang our people in Scotland Yard to see what they knew, I even asked about the men Reg Farnsworth and Peter Featheringue, but there was nothing still what we have isn’t too bad. We’ve only been on the case for a day or two. Plus it could be worse, that list I was given three of our missing we knew about,” said Det. Rathbone, “It might be for dead women, it might be a serial killer.”
     “I know that this isn’t a logical thought, but could those men be like them, are they missing or could this all be because of them?”
     “If it was just those two men I’d suggest they are part of the war effort but with those women as well, what could they do?”
They were interrupted by the phone hearing as it started to ring, Sandra answered it, she listened to what was being said.
     “Anything about the case?” asked Eddy.
Sandra put the receiver down, she was deep in thought.
     “That was a policeman down south a Sgt. Seams. He said he knows who we are looking for, all of them. And if we want to know any more about them we should meet him tomorrow in the morning at the entrance to Dartmouth Naval Base at ten.”
     “The Navy? What do you think they have got to do with missing women?” asked Det. Rathbone.
     “I’m not sure they have anything to do with them, he did say that Reg Farnsworth is Brigadier General Reginald Farnsworth, that he is in the Foreign Office.”
     “That is interesting,” said Det. Rathbone, “Dartmouth is where most folk would say as down south.”

The next morning the two detectives stood outside the main entrance to Dartmouth naval base. A car drew up next to them the driver leant from the car and asked us for our names, after detective Moore had told him he introduced himself.
     “I am Sergeant Seams I’m glad you decided to be here, if you’ll get it the car I’ll take you to there.”
     “Before we do go, we’d like to know a bit more about what is going on,” said Det. Moore.
Sgt. Seams agreed he said he would, but before he could he had something for us to sign.
     “Yesterday we had those women as missing, so should we meet them what can you tell us about them?” asked Det. Rathbone.
     “First things first, you’ll have to sign this, it’s like an official secrets form,” said Sgt. Seams.
He watched as they signed the forms.
     “Good, now here are your security clearance passes make sure you wear them when we get there.” Sgt. Seams leant against the car.
     “About the girls you have listed their work is classified, they are on record as being in the foreign office, that’s MI5. They are all there and that includes Peter Featheringue. I told you about them because you wouldn’t have found any record of them which would have left an open case.”
     “So their whereabouts can be said to their families?” asked Det. Moore.
     “Close families yes, I’d prefer it if you said they were part of the war effort and not be too specific.”
     “So why are they wherever they are?” asked Det. Rathbone.
     “Those young women, Miss Wendy Rhodes, Miss Greer Parsons, Miss Karen Symes, Mrs. Judith Wyrd, Sandra Hills and Mrs. Alison Newbury. They came here a few days ago before that they did week-ends in Stow-On-The-Wold at a nice house there. That will have to do for now, I’ll tell you some more when we get there,” said Sgt. Seams.
     “Oh, it isn’t here, I thought it was,” said Det. Rathbone.
     “I couldn’t do that I’ve got to pretend I know what I’m doing, I mean this is MI5. What would you think if I said the place was the first house along. No it’s a twenty minute drive,” he said getting into the car, turning about, he drove to the ferry.
     “Where are we going?” asked Det. Moore.
Silence was her reply. For fifteen minutes they drove along the road signposted to Totnes,
cresting a hill they saw the town of Totnes. Then Sgt. Seams turned from the road onto a private drive. A few minutes later they stopped outside a big house.
     “This is what everyone calls the Manor,” he said, “The proper name for this is Maidenscombe Manor. You’ll have to wait to see those women until they finish their class.”
     “They are in a class why, what are they are being taught?”
     “They are being taught about the various ways to use Witchcraft.
If you come inside, I have the details of which room they are in.”
Detectives Moore and Rathbone stared at each other.
     “You don’t mean they are being taught how to do witchcraft, do you?”
     “No not them, they are learning what is involved with a specific activity. They know what to do, that is why they are here, but what they are to do is new.”
     “They are all here?” asked Det. Moore.
     “At the moment those six women are here but there soon will be more if you both agree to work here and I hope you do, you will be the people to contact their families, the immediate family and their loved ones.”
     “What if they live to far from here I know I will need a decent car. Mine just won’t do,” said Det. Rathbone.
“It will make no difference, even if they live in John O Groats or Lands End, transport will be provided to you even if it means a plane,” said Sgt. Seams.
The two detectives stepped away, they whispered to each one another then returned. “Those men, you haven’t said much to us about them, what can you tell us?”
     “Of Peter Featheringue, he is in charge here. He is a highly regarded man, in certain circles he is known as The Unicorn, the high priest of all English covens. The high priestess is Alison Newbury. Initially the War Office was like you, dubious to say the least, no one paid the people much heed until the witches proved themselves. And it was Peter Featheringue who convinced one of them. The man he convinced was Brigadier General Reginald Farnsworth.”
     “I’m sorry,” said Det. Moore, “I don’t see how witchcraft could help us win the war.”
     “That I can believe, it isn’t what many people would think possible until you relate to it like this. That Hitler has been collecting items of an occult importance. Those at the War Office agreed that like it or not, and it stood to reason at the time that the best way to fight fire is with fire.”
     “But according to what her husband said, Alison was in a ghost hunters club,” she said.
Sgt. Seams smiled.
     “And that is true, but if you look at it from the point of view of society as a whole. For one reason or another, those young women felt safer if they kept together. To be known as a ghost hunter or witch in those times a hunter of ghosts would be the easier option. That was more acceptable to many but to admit she was a witch and that all of her coven were from other parts of the country, being alone she would have invited much ridicule and she would have been sent to Coventry. And don’t forget in those days it was still illegal to be a witch.” He looked at their puzzled faces. “I’m sorry I thought everyone knew that saying, if everybody refuses to speak to a person it is said that the person has been sent to Coventry.” He watched their faces, it was as if a cloud of uncertainty had been lifted in front of them and they could see clearly again.
     “So when I first became involved I was very dubious about it all, not now though, as one of them that Alison took me to a side room she showed me what she called a parlour trick. What they do with magic, I would call a miracle; the impossible. I was told to sit down at the table opposite to Alison Newbury I watched as she placed her hands palm down in front of her on the table. A five pound note was put on the table in between her hands. After five minutes of silence 
Another five pound note appeared beside that one. It was exactly the same as it. I watched her as she just stared at it for a while longer. Then she said I could touch it, so I did. I touched it, felt it, played with it, but it was just like any other five pound note. I held it up to the light to see how real it looked, to see if there were any flaws, then she set it on fire while I was holding it. She said that what she had caused to be was an exact replication of the other exact down to both notes having the same numbers on the banknotes.”
     “That is a shame, still not the sort of thing to do twice is it?” asked Det. Moore.
Sgt. Seams took both the detectives to a room near the kitchen, there were boxes piled on boxes all over the floor.
     “Look at them hundreds of them, maybe more, there are thousands of pounds of German money and each note is a forgery and each package is ready to go. But that’s nothing compared with the delivery method, that is what caused consternation. That is what caused MI5 to give

Maidenscombe

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2014, 11:29:36 pm »
their undivided view, and it was because of that, that we are here, what I said about them being taught, it is about them being taught that. Another class is the basics of how to be a spy; that is if they ever get stuck over there after they have delivered the money. You’ll like how that is done.”
     “The question I have will be a bit easier to answer, it is about the name of this place, it seems a bit strange,” said Det. Moore.
Sgt. Seams looked at them with a bit of confusion, and then he began to smile.
     “Right, you mean about the manor itself, when it was first occupied by the people from the Foreign Off it was referred to as The Manor. When the first witches arrived here one of the younger witches was a bit more, shall we say outgoing and fun loving. One of the things she said at the dinner table, where everyone was, she joked. So this is where all you old men want to get us young pretty maidens to come.”
Sgt. Seams looked at Det. Moore’s face, he watched the expressions of her face change. Sgt. Seams said the name Maidenscombe as two words to Det. Moore.

“This delivery service you’ve said about when do we find out what it is?” asked Det. Moore.
     “First things first, you need to have your wits about you here. If you want to go for a walk here you will need to keep within thirty yards of the buildings. If you do go beyond that you will find the anti-aircraft guns emplacements. And believe me many of those armed guards will not appreciate a person walking about behind them. Do yourself a favour, do not want to get close to those guns. Right now go into the entrance hall and have a good look about,” he watched them wander about around in the entrance hall, he gave them enough time to remember what they had seen. He walked forward until he was just in front of them and pointed the way into the front room, the door was the first left passed the main door. When they were near the middle of the room he directed them to look at the painting above the fireplace. He allowed them the time to really have a good look.
     “Now I have good news, it is time for the best part. What you want to see is under our feet; some ten foot below us in the basement. Just don’t forget what you have seen here,” said Sgt. Seams.
He led them back into the entrance hall and he had them stand near the bottom of the stairs. He said nothing allowing them to look about again.
     “I think I see what you wanted us to see. The paintings by the stairs, they are all the same as the one in that room, why is that?” asked Det. Rathbone.
     “Yes, the ones you have seen they are almost all the same. No one knows why but whatever room you go in the painting will be the same and each painting is an oil painting. None of them are copies why that is, no one knows. Still, that isn’t why we are here. You want to know about the method of delivery, you won’t believe it until you see it.” He led them into the hall to a door under the stairs.
     “This will take us down to the basement,” he said and led them down a spiral stairway that was built of blocks of granite. The basement was massive yet even with so much space all there was down there were a desk, a chair and a painting on the wall a bit to the side of it. There was an open book on the desk and a pen next to the book. Detective Moore looked at the book, at the last entry.
     “It’s got time of departure, who and what time that person is expected back. Judith left an hour ago,” she looked to Sgt. Seams, “A departure from here, to where, what does it mean?”
Sgt. Seams stepped toward the painting he looked at it. “This painting is worth more than any other in Britain though it is not because of the quality. More because of what it can do. Detective Rathbone, come stand here and look closely at the painting,” said Sgt. Seams, “At the subject of the painting see how the building was built, the walls and window frames. Even take note of the door frame, at which way it opens and the size of the tree. Have a look at the windows then at the room inside the window.”
     “Exactly the same as the room we were in the room by the entrance hall. Good grief!” exclaimed Det. Rathbone, and she stepped back, “There, I just saw a woman she was waving to me, do I know her?”
She stepped forward to get a closer look. 
     “I do know her that was Judith. She is one of the missing. So how is she here, and in the painting?” asked detective Rathbone.
Without realising that the impossible had just happened she was stood before him.
     “What,” he looked at her, “How did you do that?” he asked her.
Astonished he looked to Sgt. Seams, but getting no reply he looked at Judith again.
     “It’s like this, in this house there are six painting of the same thing. This room, the room above and four more on the stairs but if you look very closely you can see a slight difference. Most are like this one inside the picture but this one can have differences inside the house in the picture. Like when you saw me wave to you. I don’t know how and I think I would understand it even less but only this one is true, oh and one other thing,” she smiled to him, “It is fun in there.”
Sgt. Seams went to her, he hugged her. “So Judith was your trip a success?”
Detective Rathbone looked to them as she was getting more confused every time she looked at the painting.
     “How do you get to the other place, where is the other place and if you’re taking the banknotes there, how is that done?”
Judith looked to Sgt. Seams.
     “Do you want to explain it to them?” She faced away. “This all started when Peter Featheringue taught us an advanced form of Astral Projection; our essence passed from one place to another place. How he knew is anyone’s guess. That was developed until we could take our German banknotes into France. Then we came here and we found the paintings here. She looked over her shoulder as Alison made her presence known.
     “What do you think?” asked Judith.
Detective Rathbone looked to behind her, Alison was stood there. She smiled to them.
     “She is one of us, an ancestor left her ability in the family.”
Detective Rathbone looked nervously at Sgt. Seams.
     “What does she mean by that?”
     “Don’t worry, Alison was asked to test you, and you’ve tested as she’d like,” said Sgt. Seams.
     “Long ago, an ancestor of yours was like us, one of us,” said Alison. 
     “What do you mean, one like you, oh.”
Alison grinned.
     “You’d need to be like us to know what the riddles are and how to answer them. Now I will soon take you to see the world inside the painting. So you’d better prepare.”
     The detective’s and Alison’s bodies were stood in the painting, in front of the fireplace.
     “If the way in is here where is the way out and is it a good place.”
     “If there wasn’t a war, then yes it would be a good place to go, but after the German army invaded Paris it became a Gestapo base.
     “But to about us, the riddles I said. Peter installed a few measures to make sure no one gets in who we don’t want in here.”
Detective Rathbone wasn’t so sure, she was told that the paintings were already here, if so then whoever put them here it would be their choice.”
     In the basement Sgt. Seams invited Det. Moore to inspect the artwork. She looked for Detective Rathbone and wondered why she was asked to inspect them. She casually looked then stepped back, surprised. She saw him near the fireplace, he waved to her.
     “We are in the painting so can show me where you go, where does the riddle start that is why we are in here isn’t it?” she asked.
     “The start was being able to get in the next part is finding the start of the riddle. Then if you can to answer the riddle, go to the stairs.”
Alison walked with him.
     “Now it is up to you as this is the start. For the first time I need to know that you know I need you to tell me what you see. Detective Rathbone looked both ways, she thought of what she could see. “Okay, now I will need to tell you what I see, for me to say to you what my thoughts are of what I can see.”
She looked at everything carefully she took note of the varnished wood paneling that was at both sides of the stairs. She moved closer, and looked at the paintings hung on the wall and looked along the wall at the three other paintings going to look at each one of those painting.
     “The paintings are the same.”
She looked to Alison.
     “So they are different, in some way they not the same, though they are of the Manor, the same yet not the same. Each one’s the same distance apart.”
She went outside to the front of the manor then came back in and stopped. “Now that was odd, if I am in a painting of the house how can I stand at the door and look outside?” She stood at the bottom of the stairs and concentrated on the painting there. She looked to the next one and so on until she looked at the one at the top of the stairs. She thought about each of the paintings.
     “It is the size of the tree that differs in each one. It gets bigger almost as though each of the paintings were made five years apart.” She looked to Alison but she neither smiled nor grinned.
She saw that she was going to have to solve the riddle with no help from her.
     “At first glance I thought it was about the height of the trees, it isn’t the only other thing I noticed was the door.” Going to the bottom step she looked at each of the other paintings. “On each of those paintings he saw they were all the same but not the bottom step, it is as though the painting there has a shadow inside the door frame which would indicate the door opens inward not outward like the others.”
     They were standing in a stone passage.
     “What now, where are we? Is this the second part of the test. Or is it that last part of the test?” 
He looked about in the passage and looked to Alison. “You are so helpful, thanks. Well this one won’t be the same as the first so what is here. She went to look at each of the paintings.
     “I doubt that this time there are five paintings not four.”
     “You what,” stated Alison, “Five pictures, that’s odd, I was told there was only four in here. The riddle was always to be of the house, so we could find the answer, the riddle was to stop anyone else getting in and getting out again if they came from our side, so who put the extra painting here?” 
     “That doesn’t affect me,” said Detective Rathbone, “I didn’t know that there was only meant to be four but it does mean that whoever created these tests knows about you. It was a puzzle about the house before so maybe it isn’t this time. The last picture is of a tree and behind it is field, so if I take it that the riddle is like before and the answer is not about why the house isn’t there, but it is about what is there. The answer would lie in the empty field, could it be that to find a clue to finding an answer is in the others.”
Detective Rathbone looked at the other pictures.
     “Did you notice anything?” asked Alison.
     “Only that the house is missing. And if I continue on from that then I’d get that the stone house is the clue.”
     “A stone house in a field, how could that be a clue?” asked Alison.
     “Maybe it isn’t in itself although maybe it is the elements of that which are the clue. Should I say that the house is made of stone, lots of stones? Then put stone in a field, one might think of a field of stones. That takes me back to when I was younger, if that was said to me my thoughts would have been about a stone circle.”
     They are both in another place.
     “It was a stone circle?” asked Alison, “Remember that as the link was so obscure it might come in handy.”
Neither of them could see where they were, as the place they were in was very dark. Shoulder to shoulder they touched so each faced the opposite way.
     “If we turn about slowly we will see everything,” said Det. Rathbone.
She stopped and told Alison that she could see a small light ahead.
     “That was a good idea,” said Alison, “Describe what you can see.”
     “Nothing it is still to dark,” he said. 
     “Then we’ll wait,” said Alison, “Until our eyes get accustomed to the dark, in a minute or two. Then we should go to the light,” said Alison.
     “I wouldn’t recommend that, stay where you are, for all you know there is a hole in the floor ahead.” 
     “I didn’t say that,” said Alison.
     “And it wasn’t me,” said Det. Rathbone. 
     “Though I stand in front of you, so because you cannot see me is the light behind me or is it in the dark in front of you?”
     “What?” asked Alison.
     “Of where I stand any light on me is behind me, there is no light in front of me so all you see is the dark in front of you. Does that mean the light is there for you to see, not for it to see you.”
     “That is what it sounds like, but is it? If the light is there for us to see. But it is not there to see us, is it like a lighthouse though not as a warning but as a guide?”
     “Does the light have a name and if so will you say the lights name?” asked Alison
     “You could move closer and see it clearer.”
     “We could,” said Det. Rathbone, “But we still won’t know its name. It will be the same if we meet you, if you don’t tell us your name we won’t know it. Plus there is what you said to consider, that there might be a hole just in front of us.”
     “I think I understand,” said Alison, “I know it is real because I see it just because it has no name doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist.”
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 11:40:36 pm by Maidenscombe »

Maidenscombe

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2014, 11:37:56 pm »
     “You are in a tunnel; you are in the dark though there is light ahead. You see it so you know that it exists. You hear me but you can’t see me, and I cannot see you but I know I can hear you so I know now you exist. Now I will return you, know that what you do is of help to me and mine. Though you are not intending to, it will be of help if you continue. If you do help us more, know that we will reveal ourselves, and we will strive to help you.”
All was silent.
     “We would like to help you more, so if you tell us how, of what it is you’d like us to do,” said Alison.
     “Where you are going, what it is that you are doing that is the help we want, for if you discover more my offer of help will be made known.”
     “I do thank you,” said Alison, “We all do, but if you’ll say what we do, of what you protect, we might be able to help you more.”
Alison waited as did Det. Rathbone, they both were silent.
     “It is important to us we protect the Avebury stones, for them to be safe that is our main concern.”
     “That explains the test, the empty field and the stones. It all makes sense now, it all has led us to Avebury Stones,” said Det. Rathbone.
     “Long ago, his people worshipped there, knowing that they were safe. Now all that lies there is in rows of perished wood and stone in what once were buildings. And place to go and worship where the people knew they were safe, somewhere to go when where was a threat. The shape of a church was built as such, for they were a magnet to any demon. Once in there no demon could escape. When those of us were chosen or found, we’d enter to end the demon. A secret now held at the Avebury Stones, that is why we protect what’s there, as one day when it is sought, it can be found. People who play the bells are given names and they play a fine tune. Though once was that they had more meaning, once the sound was a warning for worshippers to go to a meeting hall. So for now, that you have both listened to me and that has been good but you have been gone for too long, so now I’ll return you.”
     Det. Rathbone and Alison looked at where they were stood, it was in the hall on the bottom stair. They went towards the open main door then they walked back and stood at the foot of the stairs. “I needed that to get my bearings again,” said Alison. Detective Rathbone pointed towards the windows.
     “That is odd, I can see sunlight beyond the windows yet when we left the sunlight was behind us, how many hours have we been gone?”
A woman walked into the hall, she looked at them and stopped.
     “I thought I heard someone,” she looked about, “but how did you get here, I could see the door from where I was sat and you didn’t come in so.”
She recognised her.
     “Oh my God Alison it’s you, how are you here?” asked Judith she burst into tears then hugged her, then rushed back into the office.
Alison and Det. Rathbone were stunned, they looked to each other as fifteen others ran from the office, almost immediately there came ten more.
Judith shouted aloud to Peter, Peter ran into the hall. He stopped and looked at Alison.
     “What, how?” he asked.
     “What’s going on?” asked Alison meekly, “You can’t have missed us that much.”
     “What, we were beginning to think we’d never see you again,” said Peter.
     “You did, why?” asked Alison, “Why we only went into the painting about ten minutes ago.”
     “Minutes? That was months ago,” said Peter, “It is August the twenty seventh.”
     “And of all the days to return it’s a shame it is now,” said Judith, “Tonight they will be bombing again. England has been losing its planes too fast. Faster than the war planes can be built, the German army might even invade.”
     “Invade,” exclaimed Det. Rathbone, “Have the Avebury stones been bombed?” 
     “Not as far as I know, but tonight we’ve no defence, Hitler will know it’s safe to invade.” 
Det. Rathbone looked to Alison, “We’d best contact Cla-ere, let her know what could be.”
They all looked at him, as did Alison.
     “Who?” asked Alison.
     “She was who we met,” he pointed to the painting, “When we went in there,” he said.
A bright dome of light rose through the floor, Cla-ere entered the entrance hall from the basement, her body bathed in light. She went to Det. Rathbone. Then greeted Alison and slowly, silently floated down into the basement.
Det. Rathbone looked at them all.
     “Her name is Cla-ere,” she said, “She was in the painting, she had Alison and me do a test. Cla-ere is someone we should all trust, she is one in his army a helper, a guide.”
     “How do you know all that?” asked Alison.
     “That is what she just said to me, and before you ask,” said Det. Rathbone, bending his elbow he pointed up.
     “His army, Cla-ere said where she wants us to protect, as his army will and has protected through time, she said of the Avebury stones.”
     “From what or who were we protected,” asked the Brigadier he found it hard to believe a leader of God’s army would want their help.
     “They want help or knowledge of when to protect that place to keep it from any danger of damage.”
     “You said as it happened before? When did you mean?” asked the Brigadier.
     “Many times this land has been invaded yet only once were the stones under threat, so that army became a threat, and the invasion was thwarted,” said Det. Rathbone.
     “That I see as good,” said the Brigadier.
     “There was another who helped, he was sent by God, he was the Kal-na the Debt Collector. The most powerful in his army, respected and feared by all.”
The room was suddenly filled with bright white light, the witches fell to the floor they looked to the window then to Det. Rathbone.
     “Are we under attack?” asked Alison, “Was that a bomb?”
     “Stay where you are everyone,” he replied, “Wait until the brightness has faded,” each of them lay still, they waited. As the light he saw began to fade.
     “Everyone stand, look at the window.”
By the wall stood Claere another person was with her that no one recognised.
     “Who is she?” asked Det. Rathbone.
     “This is Ka-im, General of the Riders of the Two Swords, his army,” said Cla-ere.
     Peter Featheringue stood up in deep thought, he walked to the fireplace. His thoughts blended with the flames.
     “Alison, we need to make contact, to send a message to all the covens in England, call them together to send their thoughts to convince Hitler he’ll regret a push to invade Britain.”
Cla-ere walked to Peter, she stood next to him.
     “You will have our help.”         
Peter Featheringue’s thoughts joined the flames, without warning the flames became blue then raced up, into the chimney. Unseen from above they rose from the chimney and floated on winds to havens, to covens and solitary practitioners.
Det. Rathbone asked Judith to do a favour for her. “What we saw in there, how it happened and what happened has made me curious about a few things. Can you make a few enquiries about this place, some of the things that happened in there, I don’t think this place has been here long.”

At Trogmoor-On-Sea the Observers at the anti-aircraft gun fortification watched the daylight sky. A bank of dark clouds very slowly sailed by and floated out to over the sea. With observers watching for flashes of light in the sky, they wanted to see the reflections of the sun on enemy planes.
     The handle being quickly wound, giving power to the radio set the HQ was given the hourly report; ‘No sightings, but multiple aircraft noise.’ Breaking from the cover of clouds, groups of planes began to be seen.
     “HQ, this is the Trogmoor-on-Sea Observer, aircraft sighted, heading north west. I have a visual of six groups of ten bombers, all nearing the coast. I’m watching the skies near them, no sighting of short range fighters. There’s large cloud cover heading out to sea. I have reports of loud engine noise and a sighting, they are breaking cloud cover. Seven more groups of ten now seen breaking still no fighter support. And there is something else, it is higher, no identification markings seen, description as follows it is a bright ball of light, the diameter appears to be two plane widths.”
     “Trogmoor-On-Sea Observer this is Area Headquarters you are being patched through to central command.”
     “Observer reporting, the ball of light I think it is moving towards the enemy, or it is stationary with the German planes. I still see no markings.”
The plotters in central command heard the droning of aircraft engines from speakers on the walls in the room.
     “Trogmoor-on-Sea Observer update, everything is stationary, nothing is moving that ball of light is still there it is in front of them. It, something is happening.”
Raised voices echoed in the War Office.
     “Tell us what is happening. The plotters have the enemy’s course and their direction made.”
All of the plotters faced the speakers as the droning stopped, all was quiet in the room.
     “Trogmoor-On-Sea Observer reporting, I have clear sky, there is no sound, no aircraft are in sight.”
     Sitting in an office at the Manor, Judith was reading the day’s reports.
     “It was said of the occult artifacts, that the Gestapo have moved to the palace at Versailles. There was a reaction by most of the artifacts to something placed there.”
Judith looked to the window.
     “I wonder, could it be the painting or something in the painting, maybe some of the occult items they’ve collected are doing it. Could it be that something they have has so much power?”
She called for Alison and Peter, and read it to them.
     “We need to find answers to what those artifacts are, what they do, if any present a problem to us.” Alison said to them. “That sort of thing, knowing what is good, and knowing what is bad that is beyond us, we only get a feeling.” 
Ka-im was at a loss.
     “I am not aware what it could be with that much power. Though I know of one who will know Cla-ere will need to call for her, I’m not in contact of her,” said Ka-im.
     “Who could we send from here to find what they have, I will go myself, but I’ll need another?” asked Alison. 
     “Then let it be Ka-im, I’d wish it to be her as a General in our army she is best to find out what it is, or to make a list. Though we’ll need someone here, to know what it is if anything has that much power or if anything could be used for an invasion,” said Cla-ere.
Ka-im and Alison went into the painting.
Judith called Sgt. Seams to help them.
Peter asked her if she knew what or who he was as he thought that he was just a policeman for the local police. Judith didn’t agree nor did she agree with the general consensus that he was a contact on earth for them. Peter asked her what her thoughts were.
     “Considering that he was with them in Cotswold on Avon and he came here I’d be of the opinion the war office had been watching the witches for longer than they admitted to,” said Judith. 
     They had to wait in the office for much longer than they hoped for Alison and Ka-im to return. When they did return, they brought with them a list of everything they had found.
     “We would have been back sooner, but there was a lot of activity there; we had to wait for them to leave. Whatever they do have there they want to keep it secret.”
Det. Rathbone and Sgt. Seams listened as Alison tried to describe in detail what the guards were saying.
     “I’m not sure how to say this but of what I saw in the cell, it seemed to move by itself, and it caused the rest to move but not by much, I think more is needed to make them work, until then everything could be safe,” said Ka-im.
     “I’ll need to know exactly what was there before I report it as a threat,” said Cla-ere.
     “What I saw was in a locked cell but I didn’t know why it was locked. Though I did hear the guards say that it was sought by the Son I didn’t understand why they said that,” stated Alison.
     “We managed to get close enough though but couldn’t see who he was, he was faced away from us,” said Ka-im.
     “I did wonder why the cell was locked in that dungeon. Was it to stop us getting in or to stop it getting out and if it was to stop it from getting out what was it. All we have to go on was from the talk of the guards, and the emotions that the guards used when they talked of it,” said Alison
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 09:45:24 pm by Maidenscombe »

Maidenscombe

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2014, 11:40:55 pm »
KAL-NA’S RETURN

All the shutters on the office windows slammed shut as did the doors of the room. Everything in the room became very bright. The heavy sounds of an animal with large wings landing filled the room then the hoofed feet echoed on the floor.
A forceful voice echoed in the room, a voice which none of them recognised.
     “What you saw, was it wanted by the Son or was it the Son. I need to know,” ordered the voice.
     “Oh my it is him!” exclaimed Ka-im, “I think I know who that is, I was warned. But those sounds and the light being so bright, it could be him though he doesn’t bother with human’s normally. I would need to see him first to know for sure.”   
     “If you think you know who it is, if you still need to see me to know who I am then accompany me, I will allow you to fly with me, we will see who or what is there,” said the voice.
     “I have met you before, I do think I know you but it is so long ago that we met. It was the day I became a General, the day Cla-ere became a Goddess, so to tell them now I would need to be sure. But if you wish me to go there with you, I will,” said Ka-im.
The brightness faded, they all looked at the figure. He stared to them all with deep blue eyes that pierced into the minds of each of them.
     “Everyone please be very careful how you speak to him. I know who he sounds like though I had thought him another,” said Ka-im.
     “You are right I was another, I still am another but I am returned here and now for what might be here. I am Kal-na, the Debt Collector.”
They all looked to Ka-im, from her words and how she spoke they knew she had a deep respect for this man, this Kal-na the Debt Collector.
Kal-na went to Alison, he stood in front of her though his words were harshly thought they were not harshly said. 
     “Tell me now Alison, what was it the guards said?” Alison was too scared to talk to him.
     “Tell me now, or he will ask,” said Kal-na. Alison looked to Ka-im. “Who does he mean?”
     “God may forgive those who seek forgiveness, but Kal-na will not. For whomever he goes to collect they deserve no right of forgiveness. Of the many people you may ask some of them might say they are God fearing people but God should not be feared, it is Kal-na who they should fear.”
Alison breathed in as she looked to Kal-na.
     “I heard what they said, the guards outside the cell. They did not know what was in there, even with the cell they didn’t know why it was locked.”
Kal-na looked at Ka-im.
     “We need to go, to discover, and we need to go together, now.”
His winged black unicorn appeared Kal-na got onto it he rose a few feet above the floor, then vanished.
     “Everyone, I apologize for this, you should have known been warned, I didn’t know that this time would exist I’m sorry for this,” said Ka-im.
A winged white unicorn appeared and Ka-im got on, it flapped its wings twice, it rose up above the floor then vanished.
The window shutters opened as did the doors, the daylight returned to the room. Alison was still a bit shocked.
     “He was stood right here, he spoke to me. Ka-im said he was Kal-na, the Debt Collector from God.”
     Ka-im and Kal-na walked on the stone floor of the French palace, quietly they went along the passages to where the guards were stood by the cell door. As they neared where it was kept, a guard ordered them “Halt.” But Kal-na didn’t bother to stop, with a casual flick of his wrist they were gone. Not breaking his stride Kal-na kept going to the cell door, he touched it and caused it to crumble. They went in. Ka-im felt enormous pride being in Kal-na’s footsteps, such a feeling of pride she had never felt before.
     A figure was sat in the room, it was faced the other away.
     “Just drop it down there,” it said.
     “I don’t know who you thought we were, but you are wrong,” said Kal-na. Slowly it turned its head, it looked at them and snarled; it was a vampire. Kal-na smiled to Ka-im.
     “This is going to be more fun than I had hoped for, I am having such lovely thoughts.”
     “Why have you come here, who are you?” the vampire asked.
     “I am the General of the Riders,” said Ka-im. 
The vampire smiled.
     “You are, oh good, I’ll have some decent quality blood to enjoy, and you?” asked the vampire.
     Kal-na grinned. “My blood is such that your kind has never tasted and you will never taste mine, for I am Kal-na the Debt Collector. And you are a sin against him and mankind.”
The vampire’s face became even paler that it was, it was stunned. Kal-na began to glare.
     “You are an insult, and you have a debt to him, so you will die.”
His face became a pure white glow the light covered all around him. The light spread to envelop the vampire, then it was sucked back. Kal-na stood in the cell, he looked to Ka-im with a satisfied grin. “Hmm now that was nice.”
Kal-na looked at the occult artifacts that were placed about the room.   
     “I might come back for some of these, probably most of it, either this year maybe next year, there is no hurry,” said Kal-na.
     “What if they get another one?” asked Ka-im.
     “I’ll laugh about that if it happens, but the other stuff that is here most of it is just pretty, nothing you should worry about though,” said Kal-na.
     “So there’s nothing of power here?”
     “No, it was the vampire who had caused it all to be.”
Kaim called for her unicorn, she climbed onto its back then left.
     When she got back to the manor she found everyone in the basement waiting at the painting, she grinned to herself and silently went to stand behind them. Trying not to smile, she put on her serious grin.
     “Well I am standing behind you so you can’t be waiting for me?”
     By the time they got to the office, Kal-na still hadn’t returned. Ka-im saw that Alison still stared into space, her mind empty. She stood next to her.
     “Alison, Kal-na is a good person he sought to know what you knew, though he asked in a
pointed way it was not in a vicious way. I see you need time for yourself to get back your composure for that I urge you do not to reply to anyone even if someone should talk to you.”
Ka-im wanted to give her the comfort, the comfort that only Kal-na could give her that he had unknowingly taken from her.
Ka-im walked away, Alison watched her go but as she did she noticed the air about her change, a darkness grew around her. It lay in folds all around yet she could still heard her friends talk to each other. Kal-na walked from the darkness to be next to her.
     “What you see here this darkness around us is so that you can see me and not of any of them, for what I have to say I do not want any distraction and nor do you. About who I serve, you have a small belief in him yet you are not devout as me. That is not a problem, for he offers his thanks to you. As from what you said I was able to help many of his children; mankind. So please Alison, do not fear me for I choose to give my thanks to you.”
Kal-na turned to the darkness and vanished, as he did so did the darkness.
Alison started to shake uncontrollably, she began to cry aloud, she screamed then collapsed. Those in the room gasped, they ran to her to try to help her up and remain be at her side, they tried to comfort her. Though her mind, her thoughts and her memories were all in a spin.
Ka-im placed her hands each side of her face. “Alison, settle, why did you scream?”
     “He was here, Kal-na was here he caused darkness all around me, he said it was so that I only saw him. But he didn’t need to make the darkness, I would only want to see him. He spoke to me as a friend, he said he wanted to thank me and he did, he also said that so does he. Who did she mean, who could she mean?”
Ka-im looked to her and tried to draw in breath, she put an arm around Alison’s shoulders. “Be grateful. Kal-na was being kind to you, he caused you to see only him so he could give you his thanks. Also that he told you he wanted to thank you,” said Ka-im.
     “Who would that be?” asked Alison.
     “To have Kal-na deliver his thanks is second best to him being here himself. That may have scared you so be grateful and it would explain why he was late getting here, he was with him. Kal-na had gone to see God, it was Gods thanks that Kal-na gave to you.”
Ka-im looked to everyone in the room.
     “No matter how ready anyone here thinks they are, none of you would have been ready to see God here.”
     “But I don’t understand why, I did nothing special,” said Alison.
     “God would not offer his thanks if he didn’t want to. And for God to ask Kal-na to thank you, he must have considered what you did as worthy of his thanks.”
Judith took detective Rathbone aside. “You asked about this place a while ago, do you still want to know what I’ve found out?” Detective Rathbone smiled at the thought. “Yes, there’s one or two questions I’d like answered, what have you got?”
Judith led detective Rathbone to the office, inviting her to sit down Judith opened a draw took out a folder and took a sheet of paper. “I was told this place was taken over by the foreign office some four years ago, apparently the place was empty. Thing there is no record of who was at the house before. What I’ve found is that the town’s records from thirty years ago show that this whole area was common land.”
Detective Rathbone was quiet as she stood up and walked from the office.   
     Kaim walked to the door and left the room she took care that no one saw her leave. She went out onto the lawn, speaking softly she looked around.
     “Kal-na please if you can hear me, please be here.”
Kal-na appeared a few paces behind Ka-im, he went to be next to her.
     “What do you want so soon I have only just left,” said Kal-na.
Ka-im tried to explain that she wanted to pass to him her personal thanks, what you did was greatly appreciated by Alison and myself.
     “Alison deserved our thanks,” said Kal-na.
Ka-im wanted to tell Kal-na what happening there, about them being in the midst of a war that they have with one another, I know what we seek is not what they seek but our two paths, or
maybe three have crossed.”
     “Three? What are the three?” asked Kal-na.
     “They seek to win the war, you seek to help mankind, I seek to kill the Son to end his doing. Our paths may collide, if so then good if that comes to be, I will help, though you should be aware ending the Son might be on my to do list” said Kal-na.
     “Thank you and I do wish I could do more, but we still have that no interfering rule,” said Kaim.
     “And so do I,” said Kal-na, “But I have freedom’s will. If the greater good comes with a need and any of his children can be saved, I will interfere. Though it may appear to be that when I do use that excuse then all hell may be let loose.”
Ka-im gently waved Kal-na ahead. “Will you walk with me, as I need to know of what is in that French palace when you take what they have there, I hope to be told what it was but what do they have there, as you said to me it isn’t a danger, yet is it be a danger to them?” asked Ka-im.
     “Know this, I will make sure it doesn’t get to be,” said Kal-na as he stopped walking and looked to Ka-im. “There is more though isn’t there Ka-im, what is it,” he asked.
     “It is about the Goddess Cla-ere said she could foresee what would have happened so she went forward to beyond that time, so that she could look back, to make sure that what she saw  foreseen came to be. In several years a push will begin to end this war in doing so the French palace will be set free. They want you to wait until then. For if what is there if it is taken too soon the humans might think that what they have has greater than it has.”
     “That could be true Kaim, though I do know what they have, exactly what they have and what it will do and who made it. As I know of what it is and what it will do, don’t be concerned if I take it early and don’t worry about my taking it to soon. I know it will not be a problem to you, me, or them; there is no need to worry. Ignore what is there, because of who was there, the vampire was of those most wanted, so take this as good, for now I owe you,” said Kal-na.
Ka-im looked to him, surprised.
     “Thank you,” he felt her cheeks beginning to flush
     “Now what else is there? asked Kal-na
Ka-im looked deeply into his eyes and felt a feeling she could not describe.
     “There is nothing more, what I had to say was of respect and where the respect was due, I felt need to tell you our plan.” 
     “If that is all of why I am here, then as you said Kaim, respect where respect is due, it can and does work both ways,” said Kal-na.
Kal-na looked down at the ground, then he looked up to Kaim and grinned.
     “Though I would ask of you, don’t tell our boss I said that of you. I do not think he’ll mind

Maidenscombe

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2014, 11:44:56 pm »

that what was done I did with another, with you. It is just that for those thousands of years I have worked alone. Together or alone I don’t think he will mind, and should I choose one of his army or one of his children I think he’ll be glad,” said Kal-na.
     “I do need to ask this, I want to know this, doesn’t he mind if you refer to him as boss?” asked Ka-im.
     “If I add a smile or a cheeky grin as long as I give him what he wants, then no. If those people in there heard that they’d have a fit, but that’s the thing about our boss, underneath all the huff and puff he is nice being.”
Knowing they now had respect for each other, they walked a bit further; in silence until Kal-na stopped.
     “Now I know what they plan, I will always be ready to hear what they say, so no army of vampires will be. Know this Ka-im, should I ever need to talk to any of those here I will only talk to them with you,” said Kal-na.
His winged black unicorn appeared, he climbed up on to it. About to fly away, he stopped, he became deep in thought, and looked to Ka-im.
     “Of those in there, as you implied, they rely heavily on trust. That being so, they need to act on this the other who they felt in the painting, they thought it Claere. You should tell them to look at he who married Alison. Think of the word traitor.”
Kal-na was gone.
     Ka-im walked back into the Manor, wanting to see Peter, looking in the rooms until she found him she went and stood a few feet in front of him, she looked to him but stayed quiet.
Peter Featheringue couldn’t ignore her.
     “What is it that you have to say?” he asked.
     “I just saw Kal-na, we spoke, he was in her unusually good mood, she said of Alison’s husband Henry. That he is working for the Gestapo, though Kal-na used the word traitor. I sensed a feeling from Kal-na that the husband was making a copy of the painting.”
Peter rang then spoke to Detective Rathbone.
     “I’d appreciate it if you’d come to the office right now, but don’t tell anyone.”
In no more than a minute he walked in, he greeted Ka-im.
     “Kaim has just said that according to Kal-na Alison’s husband might be Gestapo, that he is a traitor.” Det. Rathbone smiled.
     “Good, I’m glad, that makes sense, the officer who told me about him he led me to believe that something was wrong. Admittedly we thought him responsible for his wife being missing.”
     “If Det. Moore picks him up I’d ask he be brought here,” said Ka-im.
     “No, being here he might learn too much I would suggest another place, somewhere secure and miles from anywhere. And I know just the place, a cell in Dartmoor prison it is in the middle of nowhere, a bleak terrain, with nowhere for him to escape to.”
     “And after we get what we can from him? I’d suggest we let Ka-im’s people ask him the real reason for all of that occult.”
     “I like the sound of that, what of you Ka-im?” asked Det. Rathbone.
     “No, there is ne need, I know that Kal-na already knows and if he knows, we will be told soon,” said Ka-im.   
     One of a formation of sixteen German bombers was hit by a barrage of anti-aircraft fire as it flew over the south eastern edge of the city while heading for the Bristol docks. Not being able to
make a turn for the final bombing run it broke formation and dropped its bombs. With its tail rudder hit, the directional control was almost completely lost. The bomber began to slowly turn north then towards the south. It had to try and weave its way home, it managed to fly to the south of the City of Oxford. The pilot had to be careful; wanting to stay unseen he had to strictly adhere to the flight plan set by the navigator.
     Avoiding the main cities and where the known gun batteries were the plane was hit again. This time though the pilot But it was hit again as it flew over a gun emplacement that wasn’t known of. The bomber was forced to crash land in a field. Luckily though the pilot was able to give the crew enough warning to escape before the crash; its wreckage being spread all over a field.
     The crew ran and hid beside a hedge. The navigator told them he had gained a fix on where they were and which way they should go to escape. He pointed to a glow on the horizon.
     “First we go there, towards that village, that is Avebury.”
The pilot suggested they steal a car, to get as far as they could at night. But crossing the fields toward the glow, though they didn’t know, they had begun to be watched. A policeman from the village of Avebury had been making his rounds making sure all was well. PC Dawes was riding his bicycle on country lanes, to quietly go to and make sure the outlying farms were safe.
Hearing the sounds of the bomber overhead he followed it as far as he could, when he heard the sound of crash he left his bicycle in a lane and followed the sounds then he proceeded to where the crew had gone. He reported his progress to the Station when he could and asked for help. He kept close to the verge as he crept along the country lanes. He met the three other policemen waiting for him, they were sat at a junction trying to keep warm.
     “Is this anything to do with the bombers that flew over here an hour ago?” asked PC Long, 
“I heard that it was one of them heading back as it was hit by one of our ack ack gun as they approached Bristol.”
     “I hope it is, now I’ll have the chance to do something that’ll help,” said PC Bearing.
     “You will? With just the four of us, unarmed against them, an armed bomber crew,” said PC Dawes, “It’ll need more than just the four of us. I was told to follow them, to report on where they are so when the army get here they can get them.”
The policemen followed the bomber crew over and through hedges towards the village of Avebury. The policemen kept getting closer despite not trying to, they hoped that more help would arrive soon.
Unknown to them the army were in place, just beyond the Avebury stones. The station Sergeant had arrived with five other policemen, his orders were to guide the airmen through the stones, to keep the people of the village safe.
     Flying high above them, Ka-im looked down to the invaders, she saw they were getting too close to the stones. Ka-im knew if it came to it, she would have to stop them, but she hoped she didn’t have to as to let herself be seen would cause many more problems and that would be seen as interfering with the ways of mankind. Keeping watch where the crew went to, knowing all the time if they reached the stones their capture by the humans would result in gunfire and that would risk damage to the stones.
     “There ought to be a law against that you know.”
Ka-im was so worried about what might happen she hadn’t been concentrating on where she was, or what she was doing, she was surprised at hearing a voice near her.
     “Do not be worried about revealing yourself or about interfering in the ways of man don’t be concerned. I said that I owe you one, so this is it,” said Kal-na, Kaim looked to him and felt glad.
About to reassure her some more Kal-na heard the massive rolls of thunder cascade over the land.
     “But the skies are clear, why can I hear the thunder,” said Kaim.
     “Because that wasn’t just thunder, mixed between the thunder in a way that would mask his words of wisdom to me, so those down there will not hear him speak or know that he has spoken.
He said I’m only to do what has to be done, and not to enjoy myself, too much,” said Kal-na.
He faced Ka-im and smiled to her. “See ya soon.”
     Kal-na jumped off his unicorn and dropped as a ball of red light to the ground the sound made as he hit the ground shattered any peace the police, the bomber crew or the army had found. Kal-na stood up in the middle of the field as the light around her faded, she looked at the bomber crew. The police and the army broke cover, they stared in disbelief. PC Dawes looked to the sky. He wondered where it had come from. Kal-na screeched loudly, for no reason other than to cause fear to the bomber crew. Kal-na faced the stones of the stone circle, then turned about to stare directly at the bomber crew.
     “That is as far as you go, I will not allow you to pass ever.”
The area lit up like day around them so the army could see each of them. Kal-na’s form began to change, as a ball of fire spread around her both arms spread wide as the skin appeared to drop and a glistening sinewy skin like leather formed wings. With talons at the ends of those wings her eyes became glowing pits of deep red that glinted in her light. Kal-na floated upright toward the airmen, they vanished as she stood before them. Kal-na grinned.
     Kal-na rose up to the dark sky to her unicorn that still flew next to Ka-im.
     “That was fun, guess who’ll get the blame not that he minds. Come on Ka-im, we’d better find the rest of them.”
     “The what, who?” asked Ka-im.
     “The other aircraft, they were sent to sink a ship that carried plans of a bomb. Also that one of the planes was to land near Bath for those people to go and capture the Haruspex stone. The Gestapo thought it would help with their weapon, what they had was no more than a magnet,” said Kal-na, “We are to leave them, what those others have it’s of no use to them and now it won’t be. What was there in that cell was to bring more vampires close, but they needed one to be a catalyst. When the witches wanted to send Hitler’s army away, it was only a coincidence. The army did go to the east, not to the Russian front as thought, they wanted to capture another vampire, but the harsh winter played against them. From my side it was silly, such a laugh really,” said Kal-na, “Using what God had made to attract them. God made it for me to kill all vampires drawn to it; so all that time the Gestapo collected that occult, I knew they’d gain nothing.”
     “But knowing that all that time, I wish you would have told us,” said Ka-im.
     “Maybe, but I made a choice, nothing was said because of the traitor. So they’ll lose the war, not by what was done. Though I do think it strange that humans rely on artifacts, whether from our side or his they could never really know why those items were made, or understand why. Still, I’m glad they did,” said Kal-na. 
She looked to Ka-im with a smile.
     “Give them fifty years or more to get over this, then I will return, no doubt by then the reasons why this happened will have been made clear.”